• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Battery cut-off swt

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack casey

IHCC Supporter
We hear much lately about e-bike repair shop fires caused by batteries. My CC 102 was built in '67 and I'm the second owner. The wiring is so good that it must have been replaced by the first guy. Tractor is kept in a wooden 12x10 shed in the yard. When and if the battery needs charging I witness the process. Then, and after mowing, use an $8 disconnect switch (dozens of these on the 'net) to take the battery out of the system.
You know that electrical components are 'dumb,' batteries start fires.
Cheers, Jack

That would also help if you have something that is slowly pulling current from the battery.
And would really help if you forget to leave the start switch on! :errrr:

This is the one I have used for years on anything with a battery. Cheap to.

Attachments

• IMG_5397.png
    IMG_5397.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 0
I use an inline fuel shut of also. I like to put them between the fuel pump (if applicable) and the fuel tank. Keeps the pump primed and makes for faster starting amd less wear on the starter.

E-bikes are using lithium batteries and probably charging them when not being used
Lead acid batteries in Cubs and charge by the engine
Apples to oranges
But a battery disconnect is inexpensive

You did. That was Charlie's collection in his place of business. Sad pictures indeed!
I believe it was caused by a faulty light switch or receptacle.

Latest posts

Back