• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcoughlin

displayname
Jim Coughlin
Frank, Better help Don set that 125 up for snow removal. Storm was supposed to start around midnight but started 1/2 hour ago here in the Land of Nod.

Jim that 125 came with a blade and i will help Jim to set it up and then he is on his own. I do believe that his wife will do most of the plowing at there place lol jim might have to paint it pink and call it a pink panter Cub hehe Don T on Franks confuser.

Did we break something in here last night? Nearly 12 hours w/o a post? You should hear Don snore!!!

80267.jpg

Frank C. -

Maybe noone posted in 12 hours due to something called life
wink.gif

Its been in the mid 70's here in the desert charlie.Not time to plant quite yet cuse we will go through another cold snap.not cold for you guys though our winters are in the teens,rarely,thirtys mostly and mid thirtys to low 40's during the day.no snow at all!!

looking foreward to installing the new parts on the cub,but im takeing my time though before running it cause its not ran for years.trying to get hytran around thees parts is like chasing the end of a rainbow just cant quite find it.everyone says we have this fluid "everyone uses it in there tractor" but im gonna hold out a while before buying a off brand!anyway yo all have a good day

Hi Everyone. Just dropping by here long enough to ask a favor. I was going to help a fellow Cubber work an erratic spark problem on his 105 with a 12 hp Kohler today. However after I got off work at 9:00 this morning, I called Angel to see how things were at home. She was in tears and said that our oldest kitty, Sadie/Baby Girl had taken a turn for the very worst and had to go to the vet. Long story short here. We put her to sleep just before noon. Sadie kept struggling until I got home after which she began to calm down once I held her.

My favor is this. I asked Mike to read and actually join here and ask away. His 105 ran and started great and all of a sudden it just sputtered and died. The old points were shot and the wire to them he replaced with a homemade piece. The engine was even with the old points putting out a very erratic spark. The points could be set and after turning the engine over a few times the setting changes constantly from 16 to 25 thousandths. Tried new points condensor, coil. Same stuff.... He really wants to get his Cub running and setup with a Brinly hitch and plow and bring it to Plow Day. He has a multitude of questions. I'd appreciate any and all help that you awesome people can provide him. Right now this stupid 56 year old guy is still fighting back tears. You are ALL The BEST. Thanks in advance.

Once he gets it started, I would time it to the specs. I had a problem with mine not wanting to start easily. Following th advice found on this and other boards, I timed it and my problems went away.

Sorry to hear about your loss Marlin. I know she was a member of the family.

Do we have any one here from Redwood Falls Minn.?? (Need a phone number!!)
smile.gif

Does any one know where to find the style tire on the pic of that 71? I looked around on the net and can't find any like them. Maybe not made any more.

Hi guys,New to the forum,Have a couple questions,does the creeper gear from a 70 fit any other models?Are the axles and carrier from a 70 a good idea for a puller?

Randy M.-

Welcome to the forum! The 70's creeper will fit all of the gear drive tractors made by IH, except the Original. To fit the 102/122 and later tractors, a handle extension must be fitted, and to fit the "wideframe" tractors, the handle must be changed or bent to allow it to fit.

As for the rear axles and carrier, they might be fine on a stock class tractor, but for higher horsepower tractors, a "fine-spline" axle/carrier setup from a later tractor is a better idea. I don't know too much about that, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Back