• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art A.-

Is the model number decal still visible? Neither 767 nor 787 are "kind codes" that identify an IH Cub Cadet. I don't believe those work for a CCC built tractor either, but I don't have the book in front of me to look.

Digger, I second that thought! I finally got all the ICE cleaned off the driveway yesterday...We had 32 degrees today!!
groupwave.gif

Marlin, sorry to hear bout your cat buddy, I know I get REALLY attached to my dogs and can't bare to know there not doing well. Pets are family.

Just a thought with the erratic spark, check the point push rod, I've had some that had mushroomed and gave all sorts of problems. If thats the case replace it with a steel one. Some were aluminum, or at least real soft.

Has anybody like I did stumble across this when going over a XX8,XX9 series?
80290.jpg

I found this on the underside of the fiberglass dash, just above the throttle control on the WOT side. It appears to be a build/assembly date. I know the pic is hard to make out, but it reads Aug 24 1971. It looks to me like a library book stamp by the smeared ink. According to the build date of my tractor it is a Sept 1971 built. Any idea's?

Marlin, sorry for your loss. I agree that pets become members of the family. So it is just the same when a pet passes on.
coffee.gif

Marlin pretty much said it all, thanks for the advice and we will try the pushrod tomorrow. thats about the only thing we have left! thanks again and we'll give it a shot.....mcaruth

Todd - More than likely the stamp date was at the time of inspection for quality then it wasn't used in your production until September.

... and , QUOTE: ,"It looks to me like a library book stamp by the smeared ink."

You may want to check on that, it may be over due !
80296.gif

Todd . I have some new old stock fiberglass dashes here and they have a date also and were never installed on a tractor. Must be like Ken said and just for the production / inspection of the dash

Welcome aboard Randy and Mike.
wave.gif

Mike C. I'll be over after bit.

Angel and I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words. To some Sadie was "just a cat". In the little over seven and a half years that I knew her, she was so much more. Just like you fellas have stated... "Like a member of the family."

Todd H.-

I've seen dates written on the inside of some tractor parts, and the 682 I had had a date tag on the wiring harness.

Good Mornin. Thanks to all for the info on the dash date. Have a great day!

Looks like Kentuck has been hangin out with the knitting club
lol.gif

charlie thanks for letting me back in, hi all it's been awhile and yup it's still winter here in ma. we had 8 " fri/sat and the 102 was a trooper as always. wish i had known don t was traveling through ,well i'm in sw ma, but i'd have hoisted a cpl w/ him. hope all is well with everyone, steve

Good morning
Question,any advice on removing the roll pins would be greatly appreciated.
Last time i didnt ask and....well i broke stuff!!so this time i want any and all advice.I have to remove the front spindols(me and spelling dont get along!)and a lever off the brakes
jason

Jason D.
Spindles are easy.
Cotter keys, wrenches and a BFH for the spindle cap pin if it's tight, which most are not and your off and runnin.

Ken, I got bored a couple weeks ago and did this on the Paint.net program.
80308.jpg

Went on a road trip yesterday, came back with this. This will be put on the back of my Original by this summer.
80312.jpg

Latest posts

Back