• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob,
I ain't even gonna ask!!!!!!
wedgie.gif

kind of hard to eat anything but soup wearing one of these { wife keeps one handy just in case }

26034.jpg

It was a chamber of commerce day here in W. central Fl. with temps in the middle 70's and about 30% humidity. I had not started the 129 since the end of Nov. and I was itchin' to get some seat time. The only thing that I could possibly cut is the grass that grows over the septic drain field, about a 60' x 30' area so I set out to "gitter done".
buttrock.gif

biggrin.gif
Fresh grease, fluid level checks, battery terminal cleaning, ground contact points made shiny, pulled plug to inspect/gap and while the plug was out I spun it over for 20sec. to get oil where it needed to be. I popped a cool tool,climbed on,set the throttle to slightly above idle and hit the key for one revolution before giving choke..... the method that works best for this tractor. Nada.The S/G and battery are strong so I keep cranking and playing with the choke..nada. Hood goes up, plug comes out again to be grounded to look for spark. With a new coil to plug wire and boot I thought I'd just hold it to the head bolt.... I was then immediately greeted with Capt'n Kirks/Bosch's finest jolt. O.K. good spark.
crazy.gif
Squirt a little gas in the cylinder before reinstalling the plug, hit the key and she fires. I then looked at the gas cap and blew thru it, no proplem. Pulled the gas line at the carb. and had minimum flow and then now flow.
You guessed it..... she was out of gas!!!!
stupid.gif
Here is Elly Mae sunning herself after finishing the grass cutting.
26036.jpg

(Message edited by rtunison on March 02, 2005)

(Message edited by rtunison on March 02, 2005)

Charlie,

Nice picture! At least the "thief" had the heart to leave it up on blocks. The last time someone stole the tires off one of my cars they let it drop to the ground on the drums and rotors! What a pain in the @#* that was trying to lift it up with a wrecker just to get a tow dolly under it.

Can anyone tell me the weight diffence between the alumn and cast 10 hp oil pans? thanks

Will blades for wideframes fit on a 982? I've got a blade for sale and an interested person is wanting to know. I think the frames are different widths, so the 82 tractors won't accept the older stuff. But here is where the experts trod, so I leave it to you. Thanks in advance for the wisdom.

While you guys have been playing in the snow, I've been clearing forty some odd full grown oak trees. But I'll admit, I gave up using the Cub Cadet. The Bobcat is a lot more useful at this.

I'll take a look see for the hole. I know my 70 doesn't have one in it. As for the drag link and the tie rod being reversed, I'll check it out tomorrow. It looks like its had new spindles installed and the PO mighta mixed them up.
Thanks all for the info

Richard "E",
The standard wide frame blade won't fit because the 982 has longer frame. Might be able to adapt it with some welding.

Supers also have the front wheels pushed further forward near the kingpins, could be a clearance problem at full angle, especially with the wider front meats.

Lift linkage will have to be fabricated.........

Mode obstacles that it looks like from the surface....

Got some quality seat-time with Loader-Mutt today... had about 5 cubic yards of black dirt piled up in back, needed to get it moved over alongside the back building before the ground got too soft to get in there, 'cause Ann's planning on putting some flowers in there this spring.

Well, MOST of the pile had a tarp covering it... until a good wind adjusted it a few weeks ago... figured that out as I was lifting the cover off. Got about 70# of the dirt broken free, but the last 30# is saturated and frozen... I rammed it a few times with the bucket, and it just laughed... and said 'stop it- that TICKLES'!!!
clappy.gif

But most of it's moved, anyway. Tomorrow, I gotta scare up about 6-8 limestone blocks about 24" x 10" x 10" to put in a short retaining wall, and hopefully by then, most'a that dirt will have softened up enough to move. If not, I'm gonna start a bonfire along the cleared-side and warm it up...
lazerburn.gif

Richard E.

I agree with Tom.
Also
The 982s have a completly different lift bar than other 82 series and WF tractors. The 982 lift bar has a linkage that reverses the direction of lift. It pushs to to lift, rather than pulls to lift, rock shaft is different.

Here's the mount on a 982,
26044.jpg

Here's the mount on a regular wide frame,
26045.jpg

And just in case someone wants to know where these pics come from!
26046.jpg

For which I and my website are licensed by MTD Products Inc, to view, distribute and or post anywhere I deem necessary to further the education of said company and or products!

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>
Speaking of x82 snow blade mounts (I've got the 682), can someone please post a top-down photo of the wide-frame mount? Is the frame supposed to be straight, or do they curve inward before flaring out to connect to the rod under the foot rests?

I just bent mine all to he$# when I caught the lateral edge on a tree root.
censored.gif

Don't know if I can reshape it, or if I'll have to buy another one.

Thanks!

Charlie, i have all those CD from part smart, i have to have them here, since we are a cub dealer,may i ask what connection you have to MTD?

Jeff V. -

Suffice it to say, when Charlie says he has an agreement with MTD, he has an agreement with them. I think he has their lawyers on speed dial
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back