• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan C., the blade subframe does have a slight bend to it.

26052.jpg

Here's another photo of a wide frame blade/subframe that shows the bends better.

26056.jpg

Thanks Kraig. Any idea how wide the rear mounting brackets should be spaced? Can't find any used sub-frames. New ones cost ~$175. Ouch....

...I tried all the sponsors and all they had were new sub-frames.

i need to know what kind of oil goes in the gearbox of a qa42a snow blower?

Bill Z,
The manual says SAE-80.
Personally I use a combination of about 60% grease and 40% 90 weight. I kinda like the idea of the goo sloppin around and gettin on the gears rather than straight grease that gets flung off to the sides and sticking and leaving the gears to runs almost dry.
So far so good after 3 years on this thrower.
26058.jpg

Did anyone have the NAPA p/n for the ISO mounts handy?
Dave

This is the mount I got with my very used and abused blade.
26070.jpg

Needless to say that chunk of steel was worthless so I threw this together.
26071.jpg

I needed it to be a quick disconnect because I put the blade on the loader 147.
26072.jpg

I fabricated these swivels to swing down and lock in the blade.
26073.jpg

26074.jpg

I use a clevis pin for the lifting rod.
26075.jpg

The next step is to remove the rust from the blade and paint this spring.

Dave P,
K5252, but you have to open the box before you take'um. They are putting red and blue mounts in the boxes that are hard as rocks and don't work! Make sure you get the black ones. I know CC Specialties a forum sponsor sells them cheap!
26077.jpg

Hello All, new to the forum. Don't own an IH Cub Cadet yet (I have a 1641 MTD Model but I understand speaking of that is heresy
happy.gif

I am looking for information regarding the 682, 782, and 982. Does anyone know of any websites where there is information specific to these models? I tried a web search and have found some information here but I was looking for engine HP, deck size, stuff like that. I am looking to find one at auction or something for a restore / rebuild project. And I like the red . . . .

If you don't know of any websites can you point me in any other directions? I checked for books at the local library, but came up empty.

Thanks I look forward to learning something from the group here.

Chris, welcome to the best Cub Cadet forum on the internet! For the info you are looking for, you can start HERE. If the link doesn't have what you are looking for just let us know, some of us have all sorts of brochures scanned in. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 04, 2005)

Hi everyone

Could anyone tell me what/if any differences there are in a Cat 0 3pt from a 982 to a 782?

I remember reading somewhere where they are differences but I could be wrong?

Thanks for any info

Mark R.....The CAT 0 hitch from a 782 (190-388 or 190-389)will fit a 982 IF you get a longer lift rod bar. The CAT 0 hitch that came on the 982 (190-383) is unique to the Super GT's only.

Kraig-

Thanks for the link. Is my understanding correct that all of the x82 tractors are the same as far as attachements and frame with the exception of the 982? this will be good to know as availability of attachements is probably more widespread for the smaller units than the 982 since it took special attachements?

I ideally would like one with a cat 0 since my current machine doesn't have one. And any wideframe attachments should fit both any x82 I would purchase and my post IH wide frame model tractor (1641). That would be a nice advantage.

Back