• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LUCAS J. - While I agree with just about everything Vince said, especially about the cost of Hy-Tran, and the fact that when filled to the check plug on the rear cover your GD will lead a long and happy life, you could over-fill the rearend and nothing BAD would happen, but it wouldn't help anything, except maybe help you find out your rear axle carrier seals need replacing.

It's funny, but on the LARGE FARMALL's, it's common to over-fill the rearends by 5 gal of Hy-Tran or so. One of the inlet suction lines for one of the three hyd. pumps can leak air and cause all kinds of funny problems with the steering, brakes. 3-pt, & remote outlets. Adding 5 extra gal of Hy-Tran covers up the leak in the suction line and they work fine.

Ohhh. And a NEW type of Hy-TRAN will be coming to your local C/NH/IH store soon, Hy-Tran ULTRA-ACTION will replace Hy-Tran ULTRA. Same great stuff it's always been, just been slightly reformulated so it works in the Case & New Holland stuff now with NO deterioration of performance for the IH stuff. Was TEN years in the making, so lots of testing was done to make sure it's right. If you need some Hy-Tran you might get it before the new stuff arrives because I suspect it'll be more expensive. It replaces about three OTHER types of hyd/trans oils.

groupwave.gif

Oh Harry ...keeper of the the 100 point resto info...
We will bow to you ,so we can bribe you...

254731.gif

After looking at the belts section I am lost, what size is the belt from pto to deck on a 1650 with a 44a deck? Thanks

Do-Da - most of the other judges have gold embroidered knee pads that they use for the ground view inspection, but I don't.
Is there a secret link to a web site with those bowers?
And by the way, where did Oh Day go? (Oh Do Da Day)

Ray - yes I think the heading got a little skewed. Here's the 2 belts you can use for the PTO to deck on a 1650 with a 44A deck.

1650 with Deck 44",50" W/4.5" center pulley = Part No. IH-59971-C1 (3/8 X 78")

1650 with Deck 44", 50" W/5.0" center pulley = Part No. IH-117465-C1 (3/8 X 79")

I recommend Part No. 59971C1 no matter the size of your deck center pulley. I found the extra length of the other belt requires the belt adjustor to be set nearly at the adjustment limit and over time the belt stretches so you no longer have any adjustment. The belt appears to be perfectly fine but just to long to adjust any further. Therefore, go with the 3/8"x78"

I think I'm going to replace the amp meter on the project tractor with this volt meter.
254738.jpg

Tom H - DANG!!!!! That's a nice gauge. Does it fit the hole for the Amp meter? Ya never did define the project tractor. I'd remove and relocate the hour meter and use the Volt gauge there. How does it have to be wired differently (as Allen noted)?

Harry,
You must have missed it. It's going to be a 1448 thats a 148-9 chassis and a 1450 powerplant. Four digit power in a three digit chassis = 1448

Tom - yes I saw where you said it was going to be a 1448, but I posted I didn't understand. I assumed it was gear drive since you used all even digits, and 14hp since the first 2 digits are 14 - so the 48 is because of the 4 digit series using the AQS engine. I think I'd use 1480.

Well we got about 14" of wet heavy snow this morning and it is still snowing.This is getting old now. where is the sun
coffee.gif

Hey Don, think of that snow as our gift from WI. That's about the only thing that's easy to get over the border....
proud.gif

I like that 1480 idea, sounds very IH

Vincent, Dennis, thanks for the info.

Harry, the voltmeter has two connections one for ground and the other goes to a 12v source.

Don T, we are getting a light dusting here right now.

Jim,
1480 sounds good! 1480 it will be.

Harry,
It should fit right in the hour/service meter hole. It's for old IH 5000 truck. I'm thinking of moving the hour/service meter to the 169 position and adding a Kirk tachometer to the dash.

Tom, that voltmeter is quite cool!I like them, turn the switch before starting to see batt. voltage, then watch it while running to see if battery is being charged. To me it beats the ammeter! Good choice.

Vince-
That looks like a little different version of the same soft-cab bracket I had on a 1450 many years ago.
1a_scratchhead.gif
BTW... What's with all of the "chocolate frosting" on the hood of that tractor?

Tom-
That 1480 sounds like it's going to be a neat rig!

Harry-
You REALLY need to get your #450 snowblower working. With one of those, snow NEVER gets "old".
bouncy.gif

Does anyone know if the headlight bezel of a 73-147 series the same as a 86-169 series? I did the look up but there is no parts # given. The rear ring is the same. They sure look the same.

Back