• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was Just curious if this muffler is worth anything since I have the original International box? My grandfather got it for his 72 cub back in the early to mid 70's I currently own this same Cub but I put a stack on the tractor.
Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Sean
221849.jpg

I found this tractor at an Estate sale. It has been in the garage since the 1960's until I bought it about 3 weeks ago. Now it is in my Garage.
I cleaned it up. Cleaned the points, changed the oil, cleaned the carb and installed a fresh battery.
Then I put in some fresh gas and it fired right up!
The tires are original and pumped right up. Still has the nubbies on the tires.
It also came with a snow plow, which was never used.
I also aquired NOS fenders with reflectors still in the box that were sitting up on the shelf in the garage.

221858.jpg

221859.jpg

221860.jpg

221861.jpg

221862.jpg

221863.jpg

221864.jpg

Leon.......

WOW.........

Great find. Enjoy.

PLEASE post some larger pictures!!!!

Leon

Amazing find! With that kind of luck you should consider buying a lottery ticket!

Welcome to the forum!

Leon, that is dream come true. I make my wife drive us these days so I can gawk at everyones yards. That is how I found my parts tractor 1/2 mile away.

Leon-

That is an unbelieveable find....good going. I bet there are no more than a handful of such finds left. Do you know any more history? I'd like to know why it wasn't used and parked for so long. Plus the fenders and a blade that hasn't touched the ground....WOW!

Leon,
You really don't want that tractor. Drop me a line with your address and I'll take it away for you....Free too!!!

Leon,

You lucky dog!!! You might want to buy a lottery ticket too!!!

Exhaust valve is stuck open I believe. Cover is off and when I rotate engine the lifter comes down with at least a .20 gap between. It is either stuck open or way out of adjustment. I think carbon between valve and seat. thoughts? I appreciate everyones input today.
Tim

Tim,

My thought would be to pull the head off and see what is going on.

Alternately, and this is a long shot, put an Oz. or so of Marvel Mystery oil into the cylinder and start turning the engine over by hand or by S/G to try get the "maybe" stuck valve lubed again.

Just pull the head and have a look-see.

starting on my nightmare 61 "O"
bought this one a year ago and have been gathering parts
221870.jpg

221871.jpg

after tearing it down and starting on mock up
221872.jpg

yes 10 hp for the heck of it
still more work to be done but its a good start
221873.jpg

i am thinking red and white for something different

Richard,
I have tried the WD40, dumped oil in, tunked her with a brass drift pin and she is not budging. I cannot afford to damage anything so as you said I am going to remove the head and clean it out. I am avoiding major teardown because 3 days ago it was sitting on my workbench. Now it is back in. Hindsight is 20/20 right. And yes after all is said and done it will get an oil change, with 0 hours on current oil. lol

just picked up an original, need to locate serial #,but it has a 230880 oil pan, according to kohler parts manual, need to get pics also. The oil pan sticks out both sides, over frame with cooling ?? fins on the top of it. Is this a factory option, or a wrong engine transplant
Francis in Ontario, Canada

Would someone send/post me some pictures of how the hyd. lift connects the ram to the rockshaft on a 100 cub cadet.Thanks,Joey.

Francis,
Sounds like a wrong engine transplant. The pan should not stick out past the frame, or have any cooling fins on it.

The S/N on an Original is on the right side of the gear reduction housing, just above and forward of the square head oil fill plug. It is stamped into the housing in numbers about 1/4"-3/16" high.

Leon -

Send us some higher resolution pix of that one please!

Leon-
I agree, NICE FIND! Please post some bigger pictures.

Chris-
The Original's looking good so far. <font size="-2">(Of course, I'm kinda a "fan" of a 10hp in an Original.)</font>
wink.gif

Charlie,

On Feb. 17 you directed me to a FAQ concerning "finding neutral on your hydrostatic," but I'm having difficulty following the instructions.

Post begins:
1 By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 08:00 am:

2 Jeremiah C.
3 Cool! But we need more pics when you get it unloaded!
4 Before you get to carried away fixin stuff, do this,
5 {Link start} How do I adjust my hydro to find neutral again? {Link end}
Post ends

The file tells me to use a 9/16" wrench to loosen the U-Bolts holding the hydrostatic control lever, but I can't find the u-bolts or anything else in the vicinity that looks like a 9/16" nut. Am I missing something?

See pictures below:

221876.jpg

Note: I also have issues with the pressure relief valves which I will post next.

To everyone but lucky Leon (who finds picture- perfect Cub Cadets to "restore"), that is, those of us who are trying to get the blasted machines working, and not taking pictures of glossy paint (What, me jealous?),

I'm having trouble understanding how I'm supposed to work the manual pressure relief valves on my 149. I've skimmed both the Owners and Service Manuals available for download, but I do not find instructions on how to operate the little lever on the side of the tunnel cover.

As you can see from the photos, the lever isn't connected to much anyway. But the transmission locks up the tires pretty easily, and until I can find and maintain the true "neutral position" it would be nice to have some confidence that I have relieved any pressure built up in the system.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

221880.jpg

221881.jpg

Latest posts

Back