• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah C.
From the pic you posted, travel left about 10" and look for this thing,
221884.jpg

No where does it say anything about U-bolts.
It does say,They have a "U" in the top and bottom.

Jeremiah C.
Your missing the do-hickie flapper that's supposed to be attached to that rod that goes through the tunnel cover that pushes down/releases the pressure on the relief valves.
221886.jpg

Thanks Charlie, is by chance is the "do-hickie flapper" available from Cub Cadet Specialties?

I'll check for the "U's" tomorrow or the next day.

Jeremiah C

Jeremiah C.
I would say even without looking that the "do-hickie flappers" are available at no less than 4 of our sponsors.
thumbsup_old.gif

I tellya what guys and gals.
Sponsor websites are not only good to buy from, BUT, they are great to just look around or call to see what all they have. You just never know what you might need one day and say, Hey! I saw that on this or that website.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

I hope who ever sells that do-hickie flapper (Hydro Release Lever ) also sells them the IH Hydro Release Lever Roll Coiled Spring Pin also.

I just answered an email explaining there are errors in parts look up drawings. for some reason all the parts are not included in the drawings.All the hydro pumps we have on our Cubs use the same pump until the supers. I think then the change was the sleeved main shaft and a lower gear ratio because of bigger tires( output shaft also has a different spline count). I think the hydro pumps are all the same for the non supers. I feel better now lol.

Morning Denny !
thumbsup_old.gif

Guys,

I do browse the sites that post pictures of parts, its just that sometimes I don't know what I'm looking at or realize that I would ever need one.

Anyway, I'm glad Don identified the necessary part as a "Hydro Release Lever." Now would someone care to tell me when and how to use it? Again, unless I missed it, I didn't notice its use called out in the manual.

Jeremiah Chamberlin

It is used to release the hydraulic pressure on your manual release hydro valves so you can move the tractor ( push by hand).
221892.jpg

Jeremiah: Ya have to read page 15 of the Operator's Manual, under the header of Release Lever (shown in Illus #7)

Myron B

Latest posts

Back