Archive through February 26, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren,

Xtrememotorworks....sponsor above sells the trailer spindle/ hub upgrade package.

I'm being a bit lazy. I searched the archives a bit, but decided to post. I'm looking for a new pulley for the snow thrower on my 125. Does anyone have the shaft size and pulley diameter so I can buy one thru McMaster-Carr?
TIA

Darren Sterley

What I did was get stub axles that were about 6" long . They were rated for 2500 lbs I think. Cut them down and welded the stud fast to the stock location after cutting of the stock axle pin. I had gussets welded in to make this as strong as I could. I think the bolt is now a grade 8 also.They have the bearing buddies and are grease-able also. Four studs hold the rim on. I went with the four stud because the five stud would just have been over kill and I did not think I would need there weight rating. Four ply tires I think to 45 psi air and I was happy with the weight caring abilities of this set up. I did this because I think the standard bolt and washer set up on a loader would let me down.I think I run about 30 psi
1a_scratchhead.gif

Noah, Charlie has the pulley on his site, Farm & Fleet stores have pulleys, You may want to check FAQ for speed upgrade. 3/4" shaft...
Shift.gif

thank you Donald,
we got a set of 1in spindles that were off a latter cub, so we where hoping to get just the hub, but its looking like we either need to cut out the spindle and add a longer one are use the standerd rims and bearings.

PAUL - I just checked Charlie's site, He does have a bunch of snow blower parts. I bought a new chain adjuster casting from your local C/IH dealer many years ago, two new needle bearings, a sprocket, think the shaft was O-K, couple roll pins. I paid $90 for the QA-36 blower and my little box of parts was over $150, the casting alone was almost $100.

Another place to look for a pulley is MOTION Industries, and make sure you get the right width keyway, I think it's 3/16ths inch, and to handle the horse power it should be cast iron, diecast or stamped steel won't hold up.

Thanks, I checked Charlie's site. Can anyone tell me the outside diameter of the standard snow thrower pulley? Is it 4"? 3/16" would be the standard keyway for a 3/4" bore. Sorry, I wish my snow thrower and Cub weren't 130 miles away.

Latest posts

Back