• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony – The drive shaft turns the variable hydrostatic pump & charge pump. The charge pump continually pumps oil through the entire hydro/hydraulic system whenever the engine is running. The charge pump draws oil from the reservoir and pressurizes it to 90 - 180 psi. This pressurized oil is enough to operate other pumps and the forward & reverse check valves. It also supplies pressure to hydraulic power steering & lift systems.

Hope this helps

I have justed started redoing my cub 149 hydrostatic (per decals on my hood)I recived it some years from my father in law for taking his daughter off this hands,he said it has been worked on and rebuilt before,i have not found my ser# yet i think it on the rear but is coverd by a bolt on item that looks like some type of pump with a single pulley on it with no belt,can any tell me what this is and can i take it off or does it go into my transmission and not sure on type transmission i have only #385058r1 on,is this what came on it,i do have a 14 hp kohler k321a for sure.Bruce S.

Kendal Harvey and Lonny - Great action shots. And it looks like both of you have original seats.
baldguy.gif

Hey thanks guys! That really helped. But charlie i thought....or heard that just like a carb vs. fuel injection when you have a mecinical "thing" There is only so much that can go wrong with it there for making it harder to work on.

Last week i went to a caterpiller plant for a school feild trip. They were telling us about mec. fuel injection vs. electronic fule injection. They said that on a regular diesel engine, At the tip of the injector the fuel comes out at 26,000 psi and with electronic fuel injection it comes out at 33,000 psi. Thats just enough to take a limb right off with out you even feeling it.

And after visiting the plant i think i have decided what carrier i want to perceede with. Diesel mehanic! Cat has a program for it. Its full ride and i think i have a good chance of getting in = D

When i was at the world ag expo i stoped by the Case IH booth and i had to write a paper on if i were to start a business what products i would buy. Well i had told the guy i had a IH Cub so i knew why IH was the best but anyways we had started talking and he was an engineer who had designed one of the cotton harvester/combine and was there to talk to people who were seriouse about buying it. But we had talked about IH and he had said they got bought out because of legal issues. But what he had said was they got bought out in the 70's but i thought that IH sold cc in the 80's

So how did all that work out?

Thanks for the tank advice guys. I have no dents and the outside looks in good shape it jusy has a few rust spots with a little rusty chaff rattleing around inside. I'll give the Kerosene "shake and bake" treatment a try. May give the boy something fun to do since it is on his Original.

GLEN - I have the full size 3-rib tires on My full size FARMALLS, 6.00 x 16 & 6.50 X 16 and frankly on snow covered concrete and snow covered crushed rock they S-ck. They side slip as bad as anything else... I was trying to make pivot turns Saturday & Sunday night and it really didn't make much difference which direction they were pointed the only way I could turn was with the differential brakes on the tractors. Both FARMALL's have loaders so except when I'm carrying the front end with the blade or bucket there's no shortage of weight on the front wheels.
NOW, When Your in a hard pull and the weight transfers to the rear wheels from the front end and You can occasionally see daylight under both front tires I wouldn't expect to be able to steer... When I first ran an articulated four wheel drive tractor I had to learn to drive ALL OVER again.... I was WAY to jerky turning the steering wheel because on 100+HP 2-WD tractors with duals the front end is light ALL the time. On the WHITE 4-180 I was running the side bolster of the seat kept kicking Me in the kidneys ALL day when I'd jerk the wheel.

I liked Charlie's answer best.
angel.gif

Lonny, looks like you plowed nearly all your property, that's a lot of snow removal! Nice looking 127!
happy.gif

Kendal H., how deep was that drift? Looks like you got your snowthrower working good!
thumbsup.gif

Kendal
Two tanks of gas...throttle,speed control,lift lever and steering = busy hands! Wish you had the foot control hydro pedal back?
On the engine miss,,next time it does it just give it a little choke and see if the miss goes away. If it does that could confirm that the high speed jet has an obstruction, goop,dirt, crud.

Anthony C - A short history lesson:

1) International never went out of business!

2) During the ag recession of the late 70's/early 80's, IH got themselves in a financial hole they almost didn't get out of.

3) They began to sell off profitable divisions to stay afloat circa the 1980 time frame.

4) The Turbine Division, the Industrial Division & the Outdoor Products division were amongst the first to go. Cub Cadet (Outdoor Products) was sold off (to CCC/MTD)in 1981.

5. By the mid 80's, with just two divisions left (truck & ag), IH had about run out of divisions to sell off and the banks wouldn't loan them any more money. In 1985, IH, reluctantly but out of necessity, sold the Ag Division to Tenneco (who merged it with Case, which they already owned). Tenneco also purchased the IH logo and the International Harvester name.

6. That left only the Truck Division standing which, a short time later, rennamed itself Navistar International. The Truck Division still stands and continures business as International Truck & Engine Corp, the operating company of Navistar International.

7. I think I'd find me a smarter Case/IH guy to talk to.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Has anyone ever had HyTran Oil partially turn to jelly? Ever since I acquired my #2 782 I've had problems with the hydraulic lift moving very slow. Last spring I changed the HyTran, cleaned the gunk out from the transmission case and put a new CC Hydro filter on because the PO hadn't for many years (still had an genuine IH filter on it) but it didn't make any difference. As the summer progressed, things got worse to the point where the Hydro and lift would only work at low engine RPM's. I suspected the charge pump was the culprit but I pulled it off last week and didn't see any problems...no sheared pins, no scoring or observable wear inside the pump. Put it back together but couldn't even get the pump to prime itself.

Finally decided to drain the transmission and pull the hydro unit. As the oil was draining through the suction tube port, I noticed clumps of a gelatin like substance coming out as it finished draining. I pulled the rear end plate off and found the bottom covered with clumps of gelatin goo. I know HyTran is suppose to absorb water but I only washed the cubby once after changing the HyTran last spring so I wouldn't think that I would have gotten that much water in the oil to cause this. Maybe the HyTran was too old and was past it's shelf life as it had been stored a while.

Anyhow, I'm going to change out the hydro unit and get some fresh HyTran and a new filter to see if we can get her working again.

Greetings!

Been a while since I've spent time here. Not working on the tractor much during the winter and not using it much until this past weekend when we got a few inches of snow.

Question: When and why would I want to use the snow blade set up so that it will trip down?

Eric

RON S. - Yes, as Hy-Tran absorbs water it will tend to thicken and when it absorbs all it can it will turn to jello... Clean as much of the old Hy-Tran out and I bet Your #2 782 returns to normal.

Eric N -

When you hit a curb, chunk of pavement or some other immovable object covered with snow, would you rather be thrown over the hood of the tractor or have the blade spring down and skip over the object?
wink.gif

Ron R.

The last 149 I acquired had a substance that seemed to be growing in the rear end case. It appeared to look like white fish eggs or tapioca (lack of better technical description). I have seen microbial contamination in our hydraulic oil (DTE-24) at work, while still in the barrel. The best way to control/eliminate is keeping the moisture content in the oil to a minimum. The CC hydraulic system may not have enough flow to allow filtration to remove microbial contamination. The 149 contamination was in the areas of least disturbance. Here is a link on microbial contamination. http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/TechZone/HydraulicFilter/Article/True/6433/TechZone-HydraulicFilter

jim

All I have to say is, I don't have a farmall, and my tri ribs havent failed me yet... JMHO

Back