• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
A few days ago I was asking about fitting the Deluxe IH cab on my 123. Well I have the results.
I borrowed my friends 122 and tried it on his. That way I didn't have to take my IH Wind breaker off of my 123 and put it back on if it didn't fit.
Well it could've fit if I made some brackets to extend the fenders wider. I just didn't want the correct police after me so I chose not to do it.
correct police.gif
Here are a couple of pics.
302498.jpg

302499.jpg

Attachments

• 302499.jpg
    302499.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 132
  • 302498.jpg
    302498.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 302498.jpg
    302498.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 302499.jpg
    302499.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 108
Shultzie, thanks for that info.
greenthumb.gif

Note to self, it should be fairly easy to fab up some fender extensions/brackets in order to mount a Deluxe Cab to a 125 should one ever find it's way to me.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 111
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 102
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 110
Kraig - here's another note to yourself:
Fabing fender extension for a 125 must be done after dark since Delux Cabs are for Wide Frame style fenders (maybe 1x6/7 too) and the Correct Police are watching
correct police.gif

I've got a question maybe someone can answer for me . What side is what on a amp meter. what side is negative and what side is positive ? If you were sitting on it getting ready to start it? I've looked at the manuals and everything else I could find but I can figure it out. it on a 104 and it the original meter on it. If it is marked on there then my eyes are even worse then I thought they were.

Doug A .... Thank you , Its been hooked up wrong ever since I got it then. The p o dint mark it or take a picture when they tried to fix some of the wiring on it. thanks again.

Quick follow up on Dougs comment, needle to the right is charging, to the left discharging. This seems to be a standard convention for meter makers.

Allen S.... Ok thanks, I know how to read it , just having trouble what side was what. Would you say that the majority of meters or gauges would hook up that way ? When it comes to positive / negative hookups ? If that makes any sense to you guys. Anyways thanks again .

I've seen several, ah, working units that are not quite 'original' to say the least. An Orig with a B&S and extra drive shaft underneath to rotate right way, 71 with 82 series fenders, and quiet line with an old Sears hood/grill. I'll be honest, I prefer them to look generally how they came factory, save the red painted 1x8/9. Not to say I haven't seen some awesome modified units. I think fender extensions for a cab would be acceptable, at least the cab would cover the change and be a needed accessory.
bouncy.gif

Attachments

• bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 105
Jonathan,

The charge meters are a what is a moving coil, zero center type meter. The coil windings are on the needle and there is a permanent magnet mounted inside. The amount of current/direction causes a change in the magnetic field and moves the meter needle in the opposite direction of current flow.

The positive and negative connection would be completely up to the design by the OEM.

Jim

Everyone will be happy to know that Cub Cadet FINALLY got tired of replacing broken hydro fans (IH-547749-R1) and upgraded them now so they are thicker and stronger than the flimsy ones they used to pawn off on us!!!!

So I get 2 cases of 24 hydro filters today and they don't even bother to put the in individual boxes any more, Grrrrrrrrrrr
302519.jpg

Attachments

• 302519.jpg
    302519.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 302519.jpg
    302519.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 117
Charlie P. Good news about the hydro fans. I'll be ordering a couple in the next month or so. But the way those filters are shipped... that is just begging for contamination.

Schultzie.... Go ahead and make the mods to install that cab. You'll do a nice professional job and won't cobble things together.

So... I learned you can't access this site from Israel or Italy... I see there are plenty of international members. But I couldn't get it to work. Back state side, I have no problems. Maybe because I was using my iPhone?

I missed you guys.

Charlie - that's great on the Hydro fans, but it's absolutely ridiculous about the filters. They can't even put in those little cardboard dividers to keep the filters from banging up against each other, and they have the open side of the filter "up". Every filter I've ever seen is inserted in it's own separate box with the opening always down. As Marlin really noted, those filters are just begging to get contaminated with something, from your morning Joe, to a fly or honey bee, or even the tip off someone's pen, or who knows what. Are you gonna send them back and says thanks but no thanks?

126 Cylinder head question:
Will this lo-boss head work on a K301 on my 126 If I use bolts and spacers instead of studs and nuts? I think it is a K321 head.
There are no numbers on it that I can find. It has been resurfaced.

The only other head I have is warped badly.
It carries part #235461 and I have no idea what it fits. The spark plug hole is over the exhause valve in it so will not work on the 126.

302526.jpg

302527.jpg

Attachments

• 302527.jpg
    302527.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 114
  • 302526.jpg
    302526.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 302527.jpg
    302527.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 107
  • 302526.jpg
    302526.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 119
David-Was the original head a high boss? The one on my 122 was. The tins won't fit on the low boss head unless you space it up. I have a replacement engine in the 122 now that had a low boss head. I purchased a used high boss head to put on it. The later engines used the head with the plug over the exhaust valve to breath better. My replacement engine is a 1974 and the head was low boss with the plug over the valve so that's some date reference. I don't see why spacers wouldn't work if you can get the height correct.

Bob,only one side is.
your welcome.

Well Dave if you have that one in hand,you can test fit it,but if not the spacers and studs are correct for the 126 to hold the tank bracket,the heat shield.the rest are bolts.

Charlie,I see 12 mouse holes....

Latest posts

Back