• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Andre-
What information do you have that those "narrow" front tires you and Tom are looking for were made as recently as 25 years ago?

That would have been 1986....which doesn't seem possible...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art ,Last model I think used them would have been the 800 1000 1200 and that was fairly rare as most were wide front.Some other brands used them on carts but I think that stoped in the 70s

I was not saying that the narrow diamond edged front tires were used on tractors as late as 1986. Just that they could be bought as replacement parts that late. I have it from a good source that personally deals with the NOS parts inventories on a day to day basis. I don't know if the tires are date coded or not. car tires are.

Here is example of the tread design:
221751.jpg

I would have guessed that the narrow frames were the last of the factory fitments of narrow fronts but I am no expert. Just tended to see the wider fronts on every quietline I have ever seen.

It is the same with car tires. I bought some new Goodyear Corvette tires in 2007 that were used only on 1996 and older corvettes. 2007 was the last year that you could get them new from goodyear. today I can't buy them anymore except new old stock. but the NOS tires could have a build date ranging from 1992 to 2007, so there would be variable value and usability there. not so important on a 7mph vehicle as on a 170mph vehicle.

In the case of the tractor tires, it is an age variablity of 25 to almost 50 years.

I'm gonna back Andre on this one... I have a friend that had a mid to late 80's New Idea Round baler and it had the very same goodyear tires on it for gauge wheels.

Go to tractorhouse.com and search used New Idea round balers. They might not all have used goodyears but the couple I looked at in person had them.

221758.jpg

Really interested in purchasing a Cub Cadet Model 100. Preferably one that is in decent shape. Appreciate you contacting me with any leads! Thanks. Bradley

Hi,
I am looking for a guard tote (grill guard/carry all) for a Cub Cadet Original or model 70.
Please let me know what you have.
Thanks

Just got a 100 need drive shaft cover, lights and headlight panel assy. Not sure what else right now, still on truck too much rain.

Hey Guys,
I'm in need of a good, straight cylinder head for a 10 hp 108 I'm rebuilding. Please no cracks, broken cooling fins or welds. Good threads in the spark plug hole a must. I've bought three so far and all had one or more of the afore mentioned problems. I was able to send two of them back but one I got stuck with one plus I'm out the shipping charges. Thanks a bunch.

I no longer need the head for the 108. Turns out that the little K241 needes more than a head, much more, so I've decided to stick to my original plan and turn the 108 into a 148. All I need now is some 148 badging. What CC couldn't build I will. Thanks to those that responded and I hope I didn't cause any inconvience.
dunno.gif

Tom, I was just joking about about CC not building a "148". When I bought my first CC in 1972 I was undecided between the 128 and 149, the 14hp finally won out. I've always wondered why CC didn't build a 148.

I am needing a muffler for a 2086. Please let me know if you have one or know of somebody who has one. I can be reached at 515-402-7707.

looking for a model 450 two stage snowblower to fit a 2072 super. Let me know what you have and location. thanks Tim

Back