• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 25, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
I hate last post on a page ggrrrr. I wounder if people look back and see what is posted.
1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif

yes they do Don...
Somewhere along the line you used those bolts somewhere else? More than likely you have the right ones.I will check mine...
I will take a photo of my 782's rockshaft and post it later.

DONALD - I do!

The bearing plate takes the four cap screws with the recessed face on the head, has the little ridge around the hex. And split lock washers. Might not be a bad idea to put a drop of blue Lock-Tight on them too.

Lewis Palma , Denny

Thanks guys . I did measure the holes and sent a tap through ,measured the Crankcase brg plate and came up with a different number than 1/4" depth lol.I think I have the correct bolts installed , but Denny has a great idea and I have blue lock- Tight so I will add that for a safety factor. This is why I will answer a question if I think I know the answer,I don`t mind someone correcting me . Thanks is all I can say .

221739.jpg

I think I picked the correct bolts ? But I will add blue L T and be done.
221740.gif
I`am a little slow I guess. the wife destroyed the Cub fund for a bit, front load washer and dryer pair and a suround sound HD dvd hd player ? Cubs and parts is all I need lol.

Lucas

Getting the timing perfect for valve clearence is not needed. The valves are at full clearence for a bit of crank turn. You should see the gap while you rotate the crank.

wayne M

I have learn`t they are all a little different to set up to run (puurrrrrr effect ).Even the service manual says adjust after point setting.I even went so far as to set them all different as to task.a litter tight and rich will help them recover rpms faster , depends on the works.
old.gif

Don,
Those are correct.Did you check your crankshaft end play?
Still working on pictures for the 782,trying to finish up a 125 that was in sad shape electrically.
You would start it by touching the batt.lead that was removed from the S/G to the terminal???

Lewis Palma
yep went on the tight side,trying to finish the 125 and the 61 Original nd the 1512 at the same time ,It`s all good. Thanks
thumbsup_old.gif

DONALD - Lewis is correct, those are the correct four bolts. I've heard of those bolts coming loose and causing an oil leak. I've never had it happen but a drop of L-T will keep them tight.

Tou installed the new oil seal right? Buddy had a KT17 rebuilt, cost him more for the rebuild than I paid for my first 3-4 CC's COMBINED till I got the 982... Guy forgot to install the oil seal on the flywheel end of the crankcase. It piddled oil ALL over.

Lets see, you posted the pic @ 10:50, it's after 1 PM, you should be about ready to start that engine!
Shift.gif

Dennis Frisk

Nope ,not today.I want to paint it and I need to have the 125 ready for the 12 K .I`am installing points rod and new points and cam cover.Soon it will run when the 125 Cub is finished (painted). A five foot job will do for a worker.
old.gif

Anyone hear anything of where and when Spring Plow Day will be??? Trying to plan my trips for this year.

I have been searching, and need to know where the diagram is for making a box to sit the hydro pump in. I have seen it here just can't remember where.

BTW, I heartedly recommend making that wooden fixture for holding the hydro. I tried stacking pieces of a 2 x 4 and it was a mess!

here are some pictures of my 782's rock shaft.I know the lift bar for the sleeve hitch is in the way .
Hope this helps.
221772.jpg

221773.jpg

221774.jpg

221775.jpg

Hello All,

It has been a while since I posted with my 1450 woes. Well, The deeper I got the more seemed to go wrong. The engine on the 1450 continued to give issues, starter finally gave out, governer issues, etc.So, I made the decision to use my 1450 as a parts mower or at least take 2 and make 1. I have been on a fairly passive hunt for a tractor and I finally found one in TN near some family members house. It was a 1650 that had a great frame, strong engine, nice 50" deck but sounded like it had some trunion issues with tranny. Having sat for 2 years I did get it cranked before I bought it though the drive shaft was removed. Turns out, it is more than trunion issues. Actually the trunion itself was not very groved, but somewhere in its life someone let a linkage get out of adjustment, bent another and now all of the linkages all the way from the shift lever to the actual rod in the pump are worn severely. It is dangerous to drive even after I replaced and readjusted as much play out as I could. Anyway, I have decided to take the rear end out of my 1450 (pump, gears, linkages, etc) and put it on my 1650. Here is my question. My 1450 had the newer auto style hydro relief valve. (like the ones discussed here:http://cubfaq.com/relief1.html) My 1650 came with the older style manual relief with the buttons on the top and the lever on the tunnel case (like ones here https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/HydroProblemsC.htm). One of the auto relief valves on the 1450 I am planning to use is bad and needs to be replaced. It leaks oil through the top little hole. Since I have two pumps to work with, can I simply swap the 2 button relief valves in place of the auto check relief valves?
Thanks for your help.

Chad

I have included pic of new tractor. Though tranny is going to need replacement, I did have it running and mowed my grass after 2.5 hrs of work. Price paid i think worth it-- $200
221778.jpg

Lewis,

The pin that goes thru the cylinder looks to be 3/8" (smaller than the back pin). Because the cylinder hole is 1/2" (I haven't seen any that were different), that means there is either built-in play in the hole or it's bushed. Still have that question, but thanks to you I now know my part isn't an oddball. Thanks much for the pictures!

Thanks Charlie, I really needed that and did actually build one to set the hydro pump in while inspecting and replacing what needs to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back