• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffee.gif
coffee.gif
coffee.gif

Time for a double cup O' Joe... Just got in after 3-1/2 hours of snow cleanup.. We have 18+" of heavy, wet snow here... Everything is closed... I wish my cub was finished, had to blow with the little 826 JD freebie...

186016.jpg

momma's car is in front of my exploder..

DONALD - I suppose You could tack weld the couplers but I think you'd be better off making some sort of a ring to clamp on the back side of the couplers where it isn't seen. Maybe even a small hose clamp or electrical wire clamp would work. I replaced my OEM couplings on the 982 with Pioneer 4010's, and the hex for tightening them is just big enough they won't push back thru the holes when I attach hoses to them, but with nothing on the back side I can pull them out a bit. I was in a bit of a hurry when I installed them 2 yrs ago. I wanted to get my new dump cart "Dumping"!

Dennis Frisk
The couplers I got from Aaron for the cat o have two groves in them for the clips and the front and rear are drilled the same size . Seems everyone around here just drills a smaller holes and put a threaded hollow stud throught the hole and two nut and washers. Stronger they say and parts are easy to buy the studs are 3inches long also.I would have to weld washers in the stock holes.
1a_scratchhead.gif
. I have ordered some parts from Charlie so I will have lots of time till snail mail deliveres . Thanks for your help.

Dave: I was actually pleased when I found that "quick-disconnect" front axle problem. It meant that the poor old tractor most likely was parked in the woods due to the axle problem and not because the motor or hydro had gone south! Still hoping that's the case.

James: What I plant to do is weld the new socket (or whatever it's called) to a patch of 3/16 steel about 2X3" or so and scab that into the crossmember. I hate to cut up a good frame just for the crossmember, unless I found one that has other damage to it. I could just replace the whole frame, I guess. A parted out wide frame is cheap enough, but what's the fun in that?
186023.jpg

Don T,
Can you buy some bulkhead fittings? they will fasten to the framed, the screw the couplers onto them... these are parker-hannifin
186027.jpg

Scott Tanner... 149 knucklebuster..
Yep thats what I need to get to get the best price on the couplers. Thanks I could not remember what he called them. Cleaning up a set of trupowers here now. Thanks I will have to go that route on the Cat O as I can hide the buldheat fitting.

Tony, Years ago on here, the fix for warn out pin or sloppy crossmember was a bolt. Tighten it up take any slack out of the crossmember, you had to cut about half the head off to clear the oil pan. That would give you some adjustment to the whole assembly

Tony,
this is what Dave is referring to..
186030.jpg

3/4 bolt with shaved head..

Don, it would probally not be advised, cause there are o-rings in there. The ones that i sent you in the aux. hydraulics splitting kit, I regroove them so that the snap ring fits on behind the thicker metal. I can get you some more, or i do have a collection of ones that i have taken out of cubs.... Aaron - Xtreme Motorworks

Latest posts

Back