• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, Bryan, Craig P:

1) While there is an IH decal on it, note the placement location. Doesn't match the photo location.

2) As Bryan noted, the entire tongue and the hitch is completely wrong.

3) Wrong wheels.

4) Can't see for sure, but it appears that the axle is not mounted in the bracket used on the IH. The axle appears to be too close to the trailer bottom. The IH axle bracket puts the axle about 3" or so away from the bottom of the trailer

5) I have one - just looked at it. I also have the manual.

6) That this is an IH trailer is very suspect. It is similar but....I think it's a case of close but not quite...maybe some PO "fixed" it. Keep in mind that other manufacturers made trailers that looked very close to the ones IH sold. It's still a nice find and will go well behind an IH RER.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Rob and Roland,
The formula that gets you to a LBF ( pounds of force) assumes gravity=1 . In fact on Earth all weight and all mass calculations assume gravity=1. The only time that you need to worry about wether the end result includes the force of gravity is if you are dealing with equiptment that will be used somewhere other than here ( a moon base for instance).

Science geek out.

Got out and moved about 4 inches of heavy wet snow just as it was turning to sleet before it ended. The QA-42 made quick work of the mess, the only glitch this time was that the chute rotator gear swung up out of position while I was at my neighbor's place cleaning it up. Nothing like having the wind blow all that freshly picked up snow right back into your face. Gave up trying to throw on the way back to the garage, but it was a pretty quick fix once my glasses defogged.
buttrock.gif

I bought a blade and I'm having trouble hooking it onto a 1650. Does anyone have any pictures to show how it's supposed to connect onto the front of the tractor?

Craig "P",
OK, so you got the "Red headed stepchild" of the IH carts, but you should be happy as H--- you got the rear blade and the #40 box scaper.
bouncy.gif

well, so much for that storm, all we got is 1/4" of freezeing rain
censored.gif

Does anybody have any tips or advice on cleaning and using a slightly interior rusted tank? Its not rusted through just rusty in a few spots on the inside.

We had pretty much the same stuff as others around here. Couple inches Saturday night, probably an inch more Sunday morning/early afternoon. I went out early in the afternoon, and it was unbelievably heavy stuff. The K301 really lugged.
I did our drive, the block sidewalk, aprons for two neighbors, and the drive and apron for another. I was headed for a fourth when it started snowing pretty good, and the sidewalk was already getting white again, so I headed home. Since it "wasn't cold", I didn't put on my coveralls. It was wet enough that the front tires were throwing a plume of water right back onto my knees when I was going in a straight line, and all over the rest of me and the seat when I turned. Didn't have to worry about the seat getting water in it, my jeans soaked it up. May not have been my best move.
Better was when I was going back into the house, slipped on the back step, and fell into the storm door. I didn't get hurt, but the door did. I may be able to pop the insulated panel back together, but I don't really think so. Took me the last 100 laps or so of the race to get thawed out.

Tim K.
I like take ball bearings, nut and bolts with kerosene or diesel fuel and shake it up a bit.
If there are tough spots, I run it down to the hardware store and they stick it in the paint shaker for a few minutes. Works everytime.

Well, we finally got some snow but I didn't get any action photos or video. I had to clear the driveway before heading to church so I did a quick job of it. Hard to tell how much we got because it was blowing so much. We had a 16" drift across and along the driveway. They are talking about possibily another foot of snow this week so I'll hold off on any clean up. If the timing is better I might be able to talk my wife or daughter into taking some pics and video.

John L., the Haban manual arrived, I'll get it scanned and send it off to Charlie. Thanks!
happy.gif

Well We survived the storm....The Experts are saying WAY more accumulation than what I think We got....I think We had 4-5 In. Friday night instead of the 6+ they're saying and probably another 6" of really heavy wet stuff Saturday night. And maybe another inch or so Sunday & Sunday night. The next storm coming latter this week My Weather Guesser says We should get as RAIN, no snow.
jawdrop.gif
Friends who live in Moline, IL got an inch or two of ICE Saturday and lost power about 9 PM Saturday night! They still were using their generator yesterday at 3 PM.

CHARLIE - I've got PLENTY in My front yard....The drift in front of the Wife's garage was about 3 ft tall and 6 ft wide the full width of the house. I actually drove OVER the top of the snow with the Super H to drag it backwards away from the house.... That's how wet & heavy the snow was...The snow blower on the 72 would have been TOTALLY worthless. Son & I put the chains on Dad's '51 M Saturday night just incase We needed to bring out The BIG Horse Sat. night or Sunday. Trip We took to town Saturday AM the east-west roads were fine....the north-south roads, even the major County Highways were quickly becoming drifted closed. Son & I worked on His truck in the shop, assembled the K321, drank a few malted beverages....actually drank a LOT of malted beverages!

tim k.....quite a few years ago, i had a tank that was leaking at the joints where the tank fit together, i flushed the tank quite a few times and then left the lid off for a week or so (don't want no gas vapers) then i unsoldered the joint, and ended up takeing all the joints apart and sanded them up and resoldered them togather (i have been a plumber for almost 30 years so soldering for me is second nature)....while apart i cleaned the inside real good....don't know if you have to go that far for acess, but i happened to kill two birds with one stone on that one, no leaks and been trouble free since....p.s....if i have a gas tank that is all dented, i have in the past with sucsess, hooked up an air line to the tank and pop the dents out, works pretty slick, just don't use full air pressure (use a regulator)....
ihrotate.gif

Tim: I have cleaned many a motorcycle gas tank with lengths of light chain - nothing real heavy. Think dog tie-out chain, tops - and other bits that can be fetched back out. BUT, I put some water in there, too, so the steel bits don't bang dents in the tank when you get too aggressive. The weight of the water helps keep you under control, too. Use your own judgement but note that dents are nearly impossible to fix.

If this does not remove the scale, it might need to be acid cleaned or something but I've never had a problem that this didn't solve. Just remember that once they are rusty they will never be perfect again - fuel filters are essential to keep the occassional bit of rust out of carb jets.

Need some help with my 782. It has been sitting for 2years. I think the carb is probably gummed up with varnish but thought I would ask the experts here first. It will crank over but not fire unless I put a few teaspoons of gas into carb. It will then fire right up and run for about 10 - 15 seconds. I have emptied tank and put fresh gas in but it still does the same thing. Let me know your guys thoughts. thanks in advance--Terry

Terry G:

There is a Fuel Pump between the tank and Carb. It is possible, that is not working. If that is OK, then it would have to be the Float Valve in the Carb that's hung up. This is in consideration, that the gas system is original and no-one has installed a fuel filter in the line somewhere...and....that the tank shut off valve is open.

Latest posts

Back