• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics.

235810.jpg

235811.jpg

Robert Beale: Your post piqued my interest. I appreciate your posting the pictures. I wasn't even aware of the CH20's existence until I saw your post. I re-powered a 782 with a Magnum 18. For everyone's edification I've posted the specifications of the original KT17, your CH20, and my M18.

I find it interesting that the lowest RATED engine (KT17) had the largest bore the longest stroke (although the M18 equaled it).

Also note that there was no difference between the KTxx Series I and Series II in their basic specification data.

As I'm sure you're aware, there are specific height and distance issues when installing an engine in the Cub Cadet. The tail shaft of the engine needs to be slightly elevated in relation to the input shaft of the transmission. Since you have the KT17 as a guide, just make sure it is at the same height and in the same relationship to the mounting plate fore-and-aft.

By the way, I notice you already have the plate installed on the engine --that is the best way to mount the engine. Been there, done it the other way, --not pretty.

smile.gif

235818.jpg

235819.jpg

235820.jpg

235821.jpg

correct%20police.gif

Finally, a posting note. If the Forum Police are on the prowl, and if they're not in a good mood, and if your TRACTOR is not a genuine IH built Cub Cadet (Model 782's manufactured by Cub Cadet Corporation don't count), you may be asked to post in the CCC/MTD section. I speak from experience.

Just wondering....anyone know this guy? I don't seem to have his name attached to picture anymore. I was wanting more pictures and info on his loader. How he liked it, ease of installing and how its holding up? Or even a link to a thread of his postings??
Any help would be appreciated

235824.jpg

I get some good ones.It is a 108 and runs great at low load.When shoving snow it runs for 5 minutes perfectly,then backfires and stops.It will restart immediatly and run great for another few minutes and then repeat the backfire cycle.I have replaced the coil w/new kohler coil,new condenser,new points,replaced ign. sw with another used one & changed carbs.Any sugestions?

What? My 782 isn't an IH Cub Cadet? That's news to me. Thanks. With that info in hand I think i'll still push on with my project. P.S. Don't tell my neighbors. they all have real I.H.C.Cs but they're jealous of mine. hehe.

It is very important to me to have the side panels on in the end so a test fit shows plenty of room. There are however firewall clearance issues when using the industrial air cleaner. There is a lower profile air cleaner available with less of an interference issue however that don't bother me none cause I'm not running a gas tank!! I can cut the firewall down to where I need it. All I need the firewall for is to mount the remote fuel filter, a relay, and the propane regulator.

Also had to make a new driveshaft.

235829.jpg

235830.jpg

235831.jpg

Daniel, Could be a valve sticking open when it heats up. Ususally these take a couple minutes to cool down and close themselves. Next time it dies, listen closely at the top end of the engine for the valve slamming shut, a loud ping or click sound. If that's it, some Marvel Mystery Oil, (MMO), or Seafoam in the gas tank should clean it it up. Let us know what you find.

Robert,

Some 782's were made by IH prior to the summer of '81. Later ones were made by CCC. I think CCC gradually changed the specs, so some CCC units are very much like the IH ones, and others have a few more changes. Such as an aluminum rear end, etc.

Robert B - If your serial number is 693143 or lower, it is IH-built. Higher numbers are CCC. Jeremiah was saying the IF it's not IH-built, Charlie will probably "politely ask" you to move your discussion to the CCC/MTD thread. (And, yes, you'll want to honor his "request" because his bite can be as bad as his bite!
err.gif
) Either way, I'll be watching for your updates.

EDIT: Ken, you're faster than me.

Mike P., that would be Thomas Welborn. Sorry, no contact info other than he is/was from Grain Valley, MO.

Latest posts

Back