• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Hey, Don T.: Does that coil say "USE WITH EXTERNAL RESISTOR"? If so, what's that mean? Also, while I'm showing my ignorance, here, what's the thread size for a 149 gas tank outlet?
asthanos.gif

Don, It does look like it says that.
Good catch Frank. Chevy was one that used a resistor wire in the positive side of the coil. Dodge used a Ballast resistor on theres. These coils were made to work at 6 volts. The cubs used an internal resistor on there coils so the positive side of our coils saw 12 volts. Run a non internal resistance coil on 12 volts to long and they get hot and burn up.

Hello again I am back, still no luck getting my little toy to run. But the tiller mounted on my other garden tractor now so as soon as my drive belt comes in I can get started on getting my garden in this year. I have a question for anybody here, what type of lubricant does a rotary tiller use? and where do you put it in? I cannot find a fill plug of any kind on this tiller I have. Thanks Neil}

Dennis,
I'm not sure if there is enough roon to get the shifter outta' there, unless you cut the little sliver of the seat pan assmby. out. I'm not cuttinmg.
235759.jpg

Dave Ross

I think that coil came with the 125. So you guys say It won`t work .Might be the reason I could not get the 125 to start when I brought it here from Frank`s place. I got to buy a coil now
1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

Tom you know your pulling the seat pan on that guy

Guys, if you look closely at Dons coil it says 12 volt right on top. Also the word past 'use' looks like more than 4 letters... maybe 'without'
1a_scratchhead.gif
Hey Don, dont buy a new coil yet...READ the old one first !
whistling.gif

Cub Cadet 1450
I want to install a lift using a chain hoist for a 1450. Where can I find the weight of a 1450? Also where are the front and rear lift points for the tractor? Finally, can the tractor be raised up to 90 degrees without damage to the engine and drive train?

Gary "S", I don't think the Cub Cadet has "lifting points" as they were shipped in bakes on pallets. If I <u>HAD</u> to hoist one I would remove the fenders and use a adjustable spreader bar making sure to likt on four points.

Jeff "B", I'm pretty sure the pan is comming off <font size="-2">(because I just had to off! S.O.B anyhow!!)</font>

Ok guys I went out and looked again, the coil has 12 volt and printed under that says use without external resistor. Does this mean it will work ?? do I not use a resistor ?? I wonder where this coil was made for ??

Frank

local hard-wear store told me it was pipe thread .
So I will not use a bowl and will run just a shut off valve like the 149 came with on the gas tank. I did buy a filter and a fitting for the carb. Dennis made the comment about fuel bowls today and well a light went on for me. I could clean a carb and run that tractor and would have the same issue and have to clean it again, so now i`ll try a filter and rubber fuel line and see what happens !

Lucas Jones

(Garry, if you drain the engine oil and gas you can lift it to 90.)

I use a sandwich baggie under the gas cap and shut the fuel off with the engine running so there is no gas in the carb. Works good for me lol. I use my engine lift and stand the cub on its back wheels. But I`am the crazy Canadian lol.

Tom Hoffman

Can`t you just remove the battery pan ,or is that a tool box like my 147. the 147 has the battery under the hood.I think you could work down through there and pull the shifter out without taking all the fenders off ! let me know how you do it please.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back