• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished cleaning up the wettest, sloppiest mess I have ever seen. Nearly stalled the 1450's motor a couple times when I tried to chew up a couple of the heavier areas. Only about 3" but man, was it heavy! And now it's raining. Ick.

snowin like all getout here... 3" in an hour, and don't seem to be lettin up anytime soon... ah seat time...

Matt G. -

Wasn't that fun? It was 37 (and still is) when I got out there to clear the driveway, then it started raining on me. Geez. Ramming speed was the only way to do it and yes, I killed the 107's engine a few times doing that...

Shoveling our walkway was like cleaning up a Slurpee...

No slush here,
Just 1/2" of ice covered by 4" of snow, covered by 1/4" of ice, covered with 12 3/4" of snow!
That 149 & QA36A were barkin this morning, bigtime.
swear.gif

Charlie,

We got about 12" of heavy stuff. My downwind drift is about 4 feet deep. Note how the neighbor's roof is clear because of the wind we had.
52286.jpg

My 682 is buried here
52287.jpg

Bryan-

Not really. Especially when you step off the tractor and into 4" of water. That's what our yard is in the low spots. 4" of water covered with about 2.5" of snow.... It's still raining here....

I had some fun this morning. Last fall I bought 11 gallons of gas. I have used less than 5 this winter and that includes hauling wood with the grapple. Needless to say, giving the snow thrower a workout was long over due.
52295.jpg

52296.jpg

52297.jpg

A creeper isn't required, but on a small h.p. tractor like an original you will probably need it. 1st gear is often too fast for a snowthrower. Most snowfall conditions seem to require speeds below what you get in first gear. You could slip the clutch but it won't last very long if you do that.

Latest posts

Back