• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
Denny
Not real sure those tires are actually made by Firestone, or if the FS name on Lawn & Garden tires has been sold to someone else. Miller also had/has some 23 degree 23-10.50x12 Firestone ags and I saw some online complaints about some of those having some cracking or checking problems early on, but I don't know if that is true or not. I plan to buy some of the Turf Guides at the Tri-State Swap Meet in Portland, IN in May, where I can see them in person and save shipping cost.

The picture didn't show up for some reason, so try again...

I'm trying to install this rockshaft assy., but don't understand what ties item 5 to the shaft since no pin goes thru it? Also does anyone know what size coil pins these are?
221651.jpg

PAUL - There was a fairly long conversation over on the RPM forum several months ago that a LOT of rubber parts are seeing a lot more weathering & cracking/checking now than years ago. Couple guys commented that 40+ yr old parts looked better than year old parts. My thought is that the off-shore sources are using less durable compounds to mold them. Once customers complain enough maybe the OEM's will bring that work back here! Even antique tractor tire sizes were weathering long before they should have.

I'm pretty sure those 23-10.50's Miller is selling are imported. I'd like to get another pair of 23-8.50's for my 70-soon to be 100. Too tough to trim while mowing with a 38" deck with the 10.50's.

The 23-8.50's I have on my 72 I got just a month or two before PD #1. Went to my local tire shop and told them what I wanted. They called while I waited and told me, "There's THREE left in the whole contry, do you want two or all three?" Firestone has ran one or maybe two batches since then. Not sure how many they run as a batch but I suspect 100-200, maybe as many as 500.

Norm Bartee

No pin in item 5 will allow the attachmant to float. If pinned you will have down pressue
thumbsup_old.gif

Don,

Don't understand. If the hydraulic cylinder attaches to item 5, then how does that rotate the shaft?

Norm Bartee

See the lift cylinder moves the top of item 5 pushes against item 2 to get lift.pin 5 and 2 together and there will be no float. Stand under.
old.gif

So item 5 just "contacts" the upper arm of item 2 in the lift process? Then why is there a hole in the bushing in item 5? Also what goes thru the nut welded to item 5?
A photo of someone's 782 sure would help...

Denny the Firestone Flotation 23 23x10.50x12 tires I got from Miller Tire last year have * Made in U.S.A.* on the sidewall. As I remember, Miller said a few years ago they were trying to get licensing from Firestone to have those tires made. Where ? I don't know... I used them on my 882 to plow @ Blunier's rain date last fall. I'm happy with them, wishing I could of used a pair on my 128 back in '73.
Shift.gif

PAUL R. - You were supposed to bring those over HERE so I could mount them for you and I could look them over!
lol.gif

I've considered getting a pair of those 10.50's for the 72 and just putting my 8.50's on the 70. That might just happen yet. I saw a pic of them on another site and I like the fact they copied the 8.50's lug spacing on the 10.50's and not the 26-12.00's spacing.

Norm B.

Looks like you are working on a 82 series rockshaft for hydraulic lift. There is a 1/2" Dia pin that goes through the holes in the Hook part of #5. That pin pushes up against #2 to lift as Don mentioned. You can remove the pin and line up the hole in #2 and reinstall the pin through both #5 and #2 to achieve down pressure if needed but there are very few implements/situations where you need down pressure.

Denny I took parts of 2 days gettin' those Firestones mounted by hand all by myself.Thanks again for your offer. My Pride must have gottin' in way. & by the time I decided if I was taken' you up on your offer, time was short since I was Guardian for Dad & another WWII vet on Badger Honor Flight to Wash. D.C. on 10/2/2010. When I get my next pair of F23's you're the "Tire" man...
worthy.gif
Maybe for a yet to own 100!

I like the print on these Good Year tires.They had chloride in them .I have one drained and painted and 1 to go .

221655.jpg

PAUL - I could have had the tires mounted in probably two hours. (I'm not fast but careful!) But no telling how long we'd have talked after the work was done!
roflol.gif

Wife & I talk about going to DC sometime. It'll be a Road Trip. I was there in about '68 on a family vacation. Not many WW II Vet's around anymore. Take good care of them!

I'm having problems getting my K321 timed correctly. My flywheel marks are C and P has anyone seen this before? The marks are clearly visable, is it possable the the flywheel was stamped incorrectly and should have been TDC and SP?

Okay, do I have this mock-up'd correctly? It doesn't look right. If so, then what is the item circled in the third picture for?

221661.jpg

221662.jpg

221663.jpg

221664.jpg

Norm Bartee

What you have circled is the float lock pin.I might be wrong but I think the cylinder should bolt in the first hole
1a_scratchhead.gif

Norm-

You are missing a part in the linkage. There is a clevis pin with a plate welded to the 'head' end that connect the cylinder to the forwardmost hole in part #5. Then a normal clevis pin is inserted into the rearmost hole in #5 through the hole in the frame, with the cylinder retracted such that the rear hole in #5 lines up with the hole in the frame. Put in a cotter key to retain the clevis pin.

Edit: That piece circled in your pic is the one I'm talking about. Don, that's not the float lockout pin...the 82 series use a float lockout bolt in a different location.

Just a quick follow-up, the new voltage regulator fixed my problem! Was out blowing last night. Thanks.

That first hole is only about .25" or 3/8" in dia. Where does the float lock pin go?

Latest posts

Back