• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a son graduate from Machine Technology Program. This is one of the home project that he did. He used a piece of aluminum and used a lathe to turn it down to size and cut the angle. Then used a HAAS CNC mill to do the lettering and logo. Used Mastercam to design the lettering and logo. Dads proud!!!!
board-post.pl

Micah That 107 is more than capable to do anything you could put it through. The transmissions in these Cubs are straight from Farmall Cubs, very strong. Price is good, most times around me they go for much more than that. A lot of guys use 7hp Cubs for plowing so the 10hp will do well.

Bruce,
Good to hear that you're out and about again even if it'll mean more competition looking for Maryland Cubs!
beer2.gif
<font size="-2">(bottles of wine)</font>

Micah,
I think that a 107 will do anything that you need it to do. That 10HP is probably as powerful as any modern 20 HP tractor and you'll have to try pretty hard to harm that rear. I don't have a 107 but I'm sure that someone on the Forum that does will tell you about theirs.
bouncy.gif

Evening Gents,

I have a chance to buy two more cubs. The first one is a 108 which I'm fine with. The second is a 1720. I don't know much about this series of cub cadet. Please give your thoughts and suggestions. I'm told the engine is strong and it's a hydro. Does this series of tractoe have the same hydrostatic system, rear end and axles as the earlier models? Does the 20 series come with a power lift and implement hitch attachment.
Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Reggie

Micah, one thing to remember, the 10 hp single cylinder kohler, has the guts of a much bigger, newer engine. I would say, as far as I'm concerned, that 10 hp will probably do the job of a newer 14 or 16 hp. there just that good. you decide what you want, like you said, the price is right, and my personal opinion is you'll never beat an older cub, and that one sure falls in that catogory!!their eaiser to work on than much of whats out there, and they standup to the work load, time after time. would'nt trade mine for any of 'em. but you get that way after you've built one and used it for awhile...............mike
greenthumb.gif

1965 Cub 100. Missing motor, wiring, steering column, front axle, transmission etc are inact. .
will any parts off of this 100 fit on a 125

Guys thanks for the good information, I have a newer model SLT1554 (2006) which is used for the yard mowing (2.7 acres). I know I would not want to pound on it. nor do I think it could take much. Nice lawn tractor, excellent cut but not a Garden tractor.
I had heard the old Vintage tractors where strong, full of torque, but I expect thats from a single piston engine. I am going to pick it up this weekend. I need to wrench on it a bit a get it into operation for this years garden work. So I am sure I will have some questions. The plan will be to restore this next winter the determining factor for restore will be if she comes up and runs well this spring. I really think I have found a sleeper talking with the guy tonight. I think he just lost interest.

Well I got no where on the no spark issue tonight. I checked the volts at the coil and they where 12 on the positive and negative side. Wether the points were open or closed the meter still read 12 volts. I replaced the points with new ones and got the same result. When the points are closed that is the only time i should get 12 volts right? I also checked the ground that is under the front grill casting. What else could it be. I think the only things left to check are the key swith and VR unless im missing some thing.Thanks,Dustin

Bruce;

Good to see you posting again! The power of prayer is mighty!
Good luck;
Bobby B.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back