• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsacksteder

displayname
Dustin Sacksteder
Ken, Scott,
It turns over everytime i turn the key so i assume that the connection is good there. The points are moving and have been set correctly. How do i know im getting 12 volts on the coil? Do i have to have the engine turning over when i check that? Thanks,Dustin

PAUL - Sorry about the link. You should try a pair of 23-8.50 Firestones on a CC You run a lot. Even though they're so small in comparison to most of Firestone's tractor tires they still got the advantage of Firestone's "The Machine" Firestone built a mobile tire test machine back in the late '60's and that put them in the lead in rear farm tire development ever since.

I went back & compared the price on them on the link Kraig posted on the 18th, Only other brand that place offered was DURO. The 'Stones were higher priced. But some United Rubber Worker in Des Moines is probably hoping someone buys the Firestones.

Hey Dustin, See if this helps
115171.jpg
i will say on my 149 I recently had to replace my voltage regulator. Wasn't allowing anything to pass through it.

Dustin, you should have 12 volts coming to the coil from the wiring harness constantly. The other side should alternate power,when the engine is turning over. If you are not getting power on that side, check your points. No Spark between them, you need to clean them. A points file works wonders. That is my two cents.

DUSTIN- i'am not the expert by any means....but i like to learn as well. i like Scott S. idea of a bad key switch. check-out Charlie's FAQ #60. read the wire diaogram for your cc 149. check the black wire. in the vault i also found a ignition coil schematic, on friday, april 28, 2006 by Roland Bedell.

ROBERT H. HOWE,SR.- vault: archive through jan. 28, 2009 by Kraig McConauqhey on thurs. jan. 29, 2009 at 10:23am. see if this relates to your alements.

Steve B. I have a set of 26x12x12 Nankang{Taiwan} on my 682. I bought the rims from someone who used to post here,I think his first name was John. The rims were advertised as SGT pulloffs. The bead width is about 10 1/4" but the offset is different than standard CC rims. The inside of the rim is 5 1/4" from the frame rail, my 782 with 23x10.5x12 is about 4" from the frame. There is about 3/4" clearance from the fender, someone said don't wrap your fingers around the fender be careful BTDT. The biggest problem with those tires is the deck won't fit,the rear deck wheels are in the way.

Steve, I sent you two pics of the tires to the email address in your profile
Dave

Dustin, I flat out had nada when I was having trouble with mine even when turning the key. I also replaced my V/R around the same time too, but it was my switch all along. Are you sure you didnt "let the smoke out"?

Last week was a good week in the shop. I started with this

115176.jpg

and made this:

115177.jpg

I wanted to replace the Brinly spring assist since I didn't have a 3-point on the Model 102 I want to put it on.

I also managed to find some suitcase weights for what I felt was a reasonable price. I've needed some way to add some more weight to my loader tractor. It got a little squirrely when I was using it to move some gravel. There's 100 pounds of weight on each rear tire, but even with my 200 pounds, that wasn't enough. I made a weight bracket

115178.jpg

and added the weights.

115179.jpg

Each of the weights are 29 pounds and there's 8 of them. There's 2 up along the seat that's hard to see. I still have to do some more welding on it and add one brace. I've got a lot of painting to do if warm weather ever gets here again.

Dustin S.,
How do I know Iam getting 12 volts on the coil?
What are you using to test for voltage? I use an automotive multi-meter, but I have used a 12 volt test light. With the ignition key on, you should have 12 volts(batt voltage) on the positive side of the coil. The voltage should be the same at the coil, while cranking the engine.
On the negative side of the coil(points lead) there should be a ground supplied by the points every time they are closed.
To sum up 12 volts on the positive side of the coil key on and key start. Ground on the negative side of the coil points closed.
In the diagram posted below by Matt C, I dont see how a bad V/R would cause a no start.

Ed...Ya, I probably will be adding a winch to my set-up. I really don't like ramps at all but I suppose if I can figure a way to pin them so they won't slid off but still get some adjustment. At the same time I will be making a better mount for the hoist, there's always gonna be some Cubs that will have to be lifted as well as engines. Spent some time today looking over my truck to find a decent way to mount a boat winch I have and I think I can make it work. I suppose we don't need any repeats of Saturday do we Ed
whistling.gif

does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 1100? i know these are on the debateable side GTs

Matt S., check the Faq's page. Then go to Charlies Faq's page. #61 should help.

Ed...Almost forgot, the neighbors Ford 7600 with round bale clamps didn't even know the 1450 was hanging under it. Wasn't about to replay the hoist deal after we got it stood back up again.
1a_scratchhead.gif
lol.gif

Dustin - all electrical componenets are driven by magic smoke. If it ever escapes, the item is useless.

Dustin, perhaps Kraig or someone else has a link to the explaination of what "letting the smoke out" means. I had this answer given to me a while back and about fell out of my chair laughing when I read the "theory", it's actually pretty funny although it doesnt really help.

I know someone out there has posted a picture of a brinly plow setup before. Just can't seem to find a decent one on the search. Can anyone help me get an idea of how this thing is supposed to go on?

Back