• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles W Hoover try this in a search for a picture of the 3 point on a 100 i think .By Dale Merkle (Dmerkle) on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 07:45 pm:

PAUL F. - You know SOME people have to worry about adding too much weight to the back of their L&G tractors... Nice job finding room for all eight weights!

DAVID C. - That's a nice looking tire, looks like there's at least twice as many lugs on it as a 26-12.00 Firestone. It looks like You could let a couple PSI of air out of them, get more of the lugs close to the shoulders on the ground. I only run about 5-6 PSI in My Firestones, and that's with about 75# of wheel weights/tire. I'll have to measure the distance from the frame to the inside bead of the rim on My 982 but if the offset of those wheels is different than an IH SGT wheel it's really close. The centers on My 982 are really recessed into the rim like those...the SGT wheels increase the rear width of SGT's 5-3/4" from 37-3/4" to 43-1/2" and it's all in the wheels.

Brennan H., here's a LINK to a thread in the Sandbox where Terry Busch posted his home made wagon. Plenty of details and photos.

Denny, is this the guy you were referring to?

115202.jpg

KRAIG - THAT's Gordon. He worked as a parts mgr. at an IH dealer someplace south of Janesville for years. His Handicapped sticker on the seat back was legitimate, He walked on crutches. He also built a scale hayrack He took to shows from all IH frt end parts that was pretty cute. He used it to haul people around at most of the local shows like Edgerton & Freeport, IL.

As everyone can see those 26-12.00X12 Stones get REAL close to those fenders. He told Me he borrowed the wheels/tires from a friend for PD's so didn't intend on spacing His fenders up for clearance.

He advertised that tractor and all His equipment here on the forum thru a friend about 6-7 yrs ago when He moved to Florida. He really twisted My arm to buy it all but I got enough "Stuff" already.

That 782 & My 982 made for a pretty sharp display at shows

What diameter hole do the ammeter and hourmeter fit in? I found a cheap CHT gauge that I'd like to install on my 582, but I have a feeling that it's too big...

Can somebody explain this mule drive to me? For some reason the brackets are bent at a slight angle. It seems as though this is factory. As though the PTO was slighlty off center from the pulleys, and this bend was to compensate. I cannot find this on the Parts Lookup. Is this normal and what is it for? Thanks.
115222.jpg

115223.jpg

Brian J.-

That is normal and is for the 44" and 50" decks; the center pulley on those is offset to one side, hence the bent arms for the idler pulleys.

Hey Todd,
That was the first thing I changed out, cause it was the easiest to get to. Once the new one went it. It fired right up. I may of hit another wire in the process, you never know. In the end I changed everything out coil, etc, even the ignition switch cause every connection was corroded. Now it fires up and runs great.

I'm finally officially back from my medical sojourn in North Carolina and the medical news is about as good as we can hope for. I've been back in Maryland for a couple of weeks, but I've had to depend on family and coworkers to get me around to work, appointments, etc. while I worked to get my drivers license reinstated.

Well today I pulled it off, though I had to retake the law, vision, and driving tests all over again, and I'm once again able to drive to work, junkyards, steam shows, and wherever else I need to go.

MATT - Yep, 2" or 2-1/16" both fit the same size hole, the bezel covers any gap, think they're something like 2-3/16" to 2-1/4".

Where'd You find a gauge like that?

Dennis-

Do an epay search for "CHT gauge." I found one that's meant for ultralights. The only thing I don't really like is that it's in degrees C, but it looks like a good deal.

Matt, thanks for your reply. What if I was to run the rear gearbox for the tiller? The gearbox is straight back from the front PTO. This won't work then, or will it? I have a spare mule with straight brackets I can swap over. Thanks.

Brian-

I'd use the one with the straight brackets for tilling. Save the one with angled brackets for your mower deck.

New guy here!! I have a question for the group. Does anyone know anything about a Cub 107. Found one for $100, complete tractor with 44" mowing deck. I was told it was running last year but has been sitting for about 10 months battery is down etc. not running. It's rough but looks restore-able and the price is right. Any comments on how well this tractor would do my Garden work. Plowing, discing, trailer hauling etc. I know it's 10 horse and I am not sure if it would cut it with HP or rear end strength. Feedback appreciated. thanks Micah

Back