• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
This is my Cub Cadet Cutie with Hank.
52144.jpg

LEE - That K-161/181 is cast iron...I don't think Kohler could pour aluminum when those engines were made.
TIMOTHY G. - Michael is right.... Put some load on that engine.....and some RPM....drag something HEAVY in 2nd gear at half throttle with occasional bursts to full throttle. If You spin out add weight to the tractor! Run the tractor for a half hour to get warm then shut it off & let it cool down completely. Re-torque the head gasket then run it another hour...then check the head again. Those little K161/181's liked to blow head gaskets, not enough head bolts. I'd run the 30W oil for maybe an hour depending out how it looks. When I rebuilt My K301 in My old 129 the oil picked up a LOT of metal in the first 5 minutes so I ran the oil 10-15 minutes and changed the oil. That second batch of oil I ran 4-5 hours and it still looked O-K but I changed it anyhow.
NICK Q. - And it'll burn off the fins by the exh. port too!...and stink!?!?
MARLIN - I recognize that red DODGE....it pulled into the gate right ahead of Me the last PD I went to two years ago at Travis's..... I drove 200 miles....HANK drove around 800-1000.

After Hank left to continue his travels, I cleaned the battery terminals, hooked up the charger, and plugged in the block heater. After about an hour...
52150.jpg

Dennis F. That Dodge didn't even squat with all the things loaded on it either. I sure hope to have the 782D ready for Plow Day. That BioWillie sure does smell like vegetable oil. When I had to drive into the wind that stuff made me higher than a kite in no time.

After taking both the 125 and the "D" for an afternoon spin I had Angel take one final picture before putting them in the garage. The garage is now packed full.

lee,
The little 7 HP is all cast iron. Just the lights and what a good bead blasting will do to a block. I bead blast all my blocks, love the look!!!!
G.L.

Thanks for the link "Digger", I think I got it. I just don't know where 3600 is whithout a tac but I have the idea.

How about the crankcase vent, is the reed supposed to face me when I install it? where does It vent to? it seems like it's all sealed.

Coupla' pages ago was mention of the hydro lever friction clamp. And reading through the FAQ's explains a hydro's natural tendency to creep. How tight should the lever be? Just tight enough to stop the creep?
dunno.gif

Tim G.
Lemme ask you a question.
Have you by any chance been to the FAQ page where it shows where to download the Kohler manual for free?
52155.jpg

Marlin H - The D looks great. I guess the smile on your face says it all.
baldguy.gif

"digger", yes I downloaded the manual a week ago or so, That's were I was a little confused because the reed faces out in the diagram, yet there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the air to go.

my #8 from your diagram has no outlet..

I got a lead on a 169 with a blower, tire chains and a blade. Owner also described some sort of gear reduction for a rear mounted attachment. He stated the engine was rebuilt 3 years ago. I gotta admit I'm a little excited with anticipation. I have a couple of questions for all the experts. What should I look for to make sure this is a 169? Are there any unique features? I believe the engine ID plate should have a 341. I understand this could mean the blower housing may be from a 341. Any suggestions sure will be appreciated. I promise pictures one way or the other.

A 16 h.p. has one more head bolt than a 10-14, (I believe 10 instead of 9) also the kind code on the serial number tag would ID it as a 169.

Thanks again for all the advice on my K321. I still don't have it completely apart; not having much luck getting the PTO off the crankshaft. I'm in the process of making a pto puller for my slide hammer...I'll see how that works tomorrow.

mike,

I had a heck of a time getting mine off the crankshaft also. the bearing at the end was frozen to the crank. I dont think it had been off since 1972! Wow, I've struggled with a lot of things before, that was a duzy. I heated and reheated that sucker about 6 times before it came off. then, in order to get the pulley off i had to sand a couple thousands off the crank.

don't give up!!!

Hi Folks,
I just bought a 1961 "Original" the complete tractor looks to be all original even the paint and it is in excellent condition for it's age, have'nt had it running yet? But there is no evidence of any hood decals or hood ornament. The only decal is the one on the dash. Dose anyone know why this might be? Thanking you in advance. Stephen

Been looking for info and/or photos of cc single arm loaders. I am especially interested in the design of the pivot point where the arm attaches to the tractor. I swear I've seen photos of these loaders on this forum, but I haven't had any success using the "search" function. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave,
Maybe you aint looking back far enough.
Try Nov.2 2006
There is a couple snap shots of a one arm loader back there.

The loader is from a kit and the mounting is custom. My goal was to be able to install and operate a deck under the tractor without removing the loader. Let me know if you need more pictures.
52162.jpg

52163.jpg

52164.jpg

52165.jpg

52166.jpg

Thomas
The muffler is horizontal, not slanted. Also, the air cleaner is much deeper and has two holes in the bottom. Also, it fits snug against the back plate. Only tractor with that type. Also, the muffler mount/shield is different from the other wide frame models. Aleady mentioned is the 10 instead of 9 head bolts. Otherwise, they are similar to the other wide frames.

Back