• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan-
My bad...
censored.gif

happy.gif

PAUL B - I hope the 70 I'm working on looks as good as yours when I'm done. I'm surprised your clutch slipped with a K161/181 engine. I had a K241 in my 72 when I was going to PD's. Marty T's & Wilson G's plow day is an every-other year event. Next one is in fall 2014.

With the MWSC billet clutch pressure plates you shouldn't need a red or yellow spring to make a good clutch for your tractor. Maybe add a few shim washers behind the end of the OEM spring to increase pressure slightly. The red/yellow die springs are really too strong for a working tractor. Might be O-K for a puller. I had a red spring and the extended clutch lever until 1-1/2 yrs ago in my 72 and went back to stock. I roasted the $50 T/O bearing in 150 running hours with the red spring. I'm not sure how the Kevlar friction disk effects clutch lock-up, if it needs more or less PSI than the OEM disk. I've always used the OEM. Even Julian @ MWSC suggested I stay with the OEM disk.

Jerry H. - Slipping out of gear on a hard pull is the first sign of a shift fork loosening up on the shift rails. Pull the shifter and align the shift forks and tighten the capscrews holding the forks, one per fork, and that goes away. When the forks get loose you don't get the gears engaged fully. If that doesn't fix the problem, then the detent springs holding the shift rails in position are weak. Little bit harder fix to replace them, more disassembly required.

Richard, I see your point and I still think its a good start on an idea that could work.

Some people sure know how to make a guy feel better!
"Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (unless used by neighbors)"
happy.gif

Denny,

To add to the shift fork alignment you mentioned, Vogel Mfg offers a set of heavy duty detent springs. They do hold quite well and are like $7.50/pr. Good to have for plow days
err.gif

JIM - Thanks for the tip. Next set I replace I'll use those.
greenthumb.gif

Terry Mc,

David Kirk's balance kit is a good way to compensate for removal of the balance (aka grenade) gears. It will require you taking it to a machine shop to install it on the crankshaft counterbalance to machine a smooth surface for mounting and drill and two holes for attaching it. David provides detailed instructions on what is required that any machinist should be able to easily follow.

Dennis...For some reason I've wanted to put a heavier spring on my 100 I'm redoing. " I know I've mentioned that several times in thre past " lol Anyways,after to talking to several people with exp. with that I've decided not to go that way, I am going with a new drivshaft,clutch disc &going with a split locking collar on it. I do want to add a few shims to stiffin it up just a lil bit more.Should I just add a xtra washer on each side of the spring? I know I dont want to overdue it and cause more issues down the road with the T.O. bearing , Since I have the trans/rearend out of it , would you reccomend replacing the shift detent springs , I do have the axles pulled ,front & rear cover plates along with the shifter and reduction housing off also.So what I'm getting at , it wouldnt be too much more work to swap them out. I think it was Vogel I saw them for sale , there a lil stiffer then stock. I'm sure that would make them a lil more of a pain to install , It sure is nice having a place to go when you need advice or help. Much appeceiated , thanks

Dennis F. After our Dad passed away in 1971 a Retirement auction had a Hydro 656 and my Mom asked if we wanted that or to keep the MF65. It was a tough choice and I had final say so. Actually I wanted both to put the picker on the hydro 656 and for cultivating planting, mowing, baling hay, etc. She didn't tell me that she was eyeballing a new tractor in 1972 or I would have gone with the Hydro 656. I was only 19 and yet she respected me enough to know that I was pretty tractor savy. By the time I was 20, I could tell any dealer about almost any model tractor and if they told me what condition it was in I could be within $50 to $75.00 of what they thought it would be worth. I did it without ever seeing the tractor whereas they had viewed the tractor being traded. We loved that Massey Ferguson 65 and yet I would have in a heartbeat bought the Hydro 656 if I'd had enough in savings. It was a one owner and well taken care of. I still wish that Cub Cadet had offered a two speed range hydro like Ford and Massey Ferguson on their larger garden tractor models.

I didn't get my Cubbie snow removal gas tonight. I'll do it tomorrow during the storm. anyone within the storm area.... BE Safe. and Take care...

(Frank C - I'm just saying!)

All - just got a note from my son asking if I'd seen one of these before. It sure surprised me. I thought a front bucket was tough, and this one also has what looks like a decent size back hoe. Anyone seen this before???? Looks impressive. Can't tell what W/F unit it is. That hoe is pretty big and I wonder how well the CC can really handle it. Looks like a swivel seat modification could really help (unless it's there and can't see it).
254237.jpg

Cant get much better then that,there was a website a seen a few times that sells the plans for the fel and back hoe,along with a few other things.Really neat website,theres all kinds of gt on there like the picture you posted. Thats a sharp lookin setup,imagine havin that on maybe a 982 with a deisel!! lol

Well first its a Hydro, second it has a 10,12,14 horse muffler so that leaves 109,129,149. then it does have a blue 149 stripe and I can,t imagine a 10 horse handling that load. A 12 horse yes but the flywheel screen apears to be the larger 14 horse style.

So Watson (I mean Harry) that leads me to a 149

Try PFEngineering and it is a 149. I got company so the 125 will have to waite.The battery is on charge also.

harry....that is indeed a sweet little toy.....ive got the loader on mine just need the hoe to make it really fun!!!! at least now i know its possible

Dear Watson, er Jeff - I was making the same assumption but the decal accent stripe almost looked gold like an 86 and I just knew it couldn't be - besides having that style muffler. I still wonder how well that hoe can work. Since I have absolutely no understanding of the power of hydraulics for something like that, does the tractor really have the power or pressures to use that hoe? I don't think that's Florida sand in the pic either.

Don T - gol-der'n it again. Company huh, and interrupting you at just about the most critical time. If it isn't one thing it's another. Dang it.
bash.gif

I think you guys are in for a shock.P.F Enginering.com is where the plans for my 129 Loader came from
enjoy.

Latest posts

Back