• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anyone tell me what brand carb goes on a k161? for the cub cadet original?

Matt - I stand by what I said ,"I've not seen any electric PTOs smaller than 1.125" bore."

I've got 2 electric PTOs and ... that's all I've seen
biggrin.gif

oh wait my 2166 has one and it's 1" bore ... oh well !
I was just trying to figure out why ferd wanted a 1.25" crank ... I never could figure out why ferd does what it does .....

Hymmm, how come the Idle/mixture screws on my Carter N are on the opposite side of the carb body? Maybe, diff # carb, probably smaller for a 7hp, compared to my 12hp(#26 carb)Also, the idle stop screw is not in the carb body

Terry Busch (Tcbusch) swap the flywheel and housing from the 12hp onto the 14hp,, why? balance is the key!for all engines. Just my .02

Don, Terry was responding to my post about fitting a 14hp into a narrow frame by swapping the flywheel from a 12hp all in response to Rich's query. Whew!

Todd, there are, I believe, at least two versions of the Carter Model N. That particular one belongs(ed) to Art Aytay. (might explain why it seems odd to you.
joker.gif
) I have a different version on one of my K161 engines.

Kraig,

I didnt know there were diff versions of that carb, good to know. Thanks

Kraig,
Oh, that's what you meant, I read it the other way around.
rofl.gif

Don,
The flywheel doesn't have anything to do with balance, unless you are talking about motor to load inertia mismatch. Ideally you would want it to be a 1:1 ratio.
bouncy.gif

Terry, partly my fault for not stating it more clearly.
dizzy.gif

79820.jpg

does anyone have a clue to a brand on this plow?its the neighbors yard art!!
Frank i put that on my signature because i have issues asking about prices,LOL,if thats what your refering to

Matt and Bill
thanks for the info.looks like ill need to look for something a bit smaller!My soil is very sandy,or should i say my sand is a little soil but over the winter it gets hard as a brick as there is little moisture here

Jason D.
Look familiar?
Mine only has numbers on the share section and no name.
I know it's a heavy beast and works great in the dirt!
79822.jpg

79824.jpg

79823.jpg

Tim D., Todd, here's the Carter Model N that is on one of my K161.

79826.jpg

Here's another carb from my other K161, this one doesn't say Carter Model N on it but it is very similar to Art's carb that I posted last night.

79827.jpg

And while I was taking photos this morning I took one of the flat oil pan off of a 10hp K241.

79828.jpg

Kraig - My flat pan is different than that one, it's got "ears" for the frame mount. I'll try to get a pic later today. The unknown Kohler that it's on is wider based than our Cub engines too.

You say you thought about a deeper pan for your KK. There's no need to add a rod with a longer dipper if you go deeper.
I got to thinking about that around 2am while out in the shop.

If you have a deeper pan you'll have cooler oil and cleaner oil.

Your short dipper will still be getting as much oil as a normal pan and it'll still be oiling the engine the same. <font size="-2">(sorry buddy for the short dipper ;)</font>

To all of you who gave information on my question about swapping a 14HP for a 12HP in my 127, All I can say is....WOW ,And I sure appreciate it!!! THANK YOU ALL!!! RICH
bouncy.gif
groupwave.gif
yikes.gif

well here i go. the knock i have in my 14 hp was making me crazy so i tore it down. what do you do if the piston was rolling in the cylinder and that was causing a knock. the piston is marked .20 so do i have to rebore to .30? Is .30 the last bore that i can do on this block?here is a picture of the piston and cylinder . notice the wear line on the top of the piston from rolling and knocking at tdc. i`am open to what should i do to repair this engine.
79832.jpg

79833.jpg

Kraig - Here's the oil pan as best as I can get it. I just put all the engines on the shelf tuesday and I'm NOT about to take'em out for a pic
biggrin.gif

79837.jpg

I don't know , that may be the same pan you posted
dunno.gif

KENtucky, yes there are several different configurations of Kohler oil pans and blocks for other applications, generators, log splitters, other brand garden tractors, etc. We were talking about an engine swap from a Cub Cadet to a Cub Cadet so both the pans would be Cub Cadet "spec". The pan I posted this morning is from a Cub Cadet 105. BTW, the rod from the Kohler 10hp Magnum is heavier duty and has a long dipper and it'll fit into a K241. Soooo, if one is rebuilding a K241 and wanted the deeper pan this is the rod to use, P/N: 7-03852.

That pan is deeper along the walls, more like the K161 oil pan.

Latest posts

Back