• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtucky, are you sure that's not a K161? Here's a K161 oil pan. This one was from one of Art's Originals.

79842.jpg

Kraig - Naw I think it's a K301 , even has 301 cast on the block and it's got a toothed flywheel.

Donald, now you have me wondering about mine. I have what I call a knock when it is running. But I was also told that the Kohlers inherently make a knocking sound due to the balance wheels and whatnot. If I had a trailer, I would take mine to the local Kohler expert and have him listen to it.

John W.
A sure way to make sure that the knock is internal would be to remove the front PTO, Unhook the drive shaft, fire it up and listen.
Knocks from those two locations are quite common.
thumbsup_old.gif

For the knock problems. My friend bought a 127 cub that was sitting in the barn from a farmer down the road. The farmer said the rod was knocking and and the engine need to gone though. After some talking and some horse trading we brought the cub back to my shop! The drive hub had a hose clamp around it with a piece of rubber hose. The drive pin had worn into the hub making a large slot for the pin to slap against!
Machined a new hub and replaced the pin! NO KNOCK!! Engine lacks alittle power. But was never rebuilt! My friend still plows the garden, cuts the lawn and snowthrows the driveway. Not a bad trade!
old.gif
Brandon's 2 cents!!!

Would anyone know if you can take a wide frame front axle 169 on put it on a narrow frame 107. Looking to upgrade my front axle for a loader later on. Wanted to get rid of the pinned pitman on my 107. And do the steering upgrade to the steering box also. If anyone that would help me alot. Thanks Brandon

where do i buy a k 321a moter for my 149 or can i buy a block? thnaks Don T

Brandon, yes you can swap the axles, should fit just fine. Though it's the opposite swap from what you have planned, here's a photo of a narrow frame axle on a wide frame chassis. It's just there to keep the parts 149 as a roller, proof that they fit. With this version of the swap the drag link does have some clearance issues but for your "wide frame axle in a narrow frame chassis" swap there should not be any clearance issues.

79844.jpg

I have a 1974 Model 128 Cub Cadet. I just got done rebuilding the engine, a kohler 301 12hp. My question is regarding the front PTO clutch. I was putting ut back together and wasn't sure how the "anti rattle clips" go back in. That might not be the right name for them. There are 3 little clips that go back on the front of the PTO clutch. How do the install? Anyone have any pictures of them so I can put them back in? The manual doesn't show a good picture. Pete

Latest posts

Back