• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbneaveill

displayname
Roger Neaveill
poof.gif

My 2166 is podwer coated and it's chipped up pretty good (bad). The main thing I've learned from powder coating fishing lures is that the thicker the coating the eaiser it is to chip. I'll take two part epoxy anyday ! I painted a lead jig back in the 80's then put it on the anvil and flattened it with a hammer. The epoxy stayed on but of course it split where the lead stretched.

Travis - yer typin finger hurtin yet ?

Bryan - on the JB spring pic ... very unprofessional using clamps on the cable , crimps would have looked a lot better and not hang in your pant legs. I guess they need to sell a few more to afford a crimper ;)

SB -

Yep, right now the snow's not even covering the grass. Not even enough to push around with a blade unless ya take the skids off...

Ken W. -

That's why MTD sells touchup!
lol.gif

Roger N. -

Perhaps you forgot where you are - we don't play dat here.

Interesting mods to the Johnny Bucket on their site, but I still want to make alever control.

Grump,
I've been waitin to use this on you, snicker!
25777.jpg

And if you would quit casting those jigs against the rocks, they would not chip. As for the Cub chippin, well you know!!!!!!!

Bryan,
Yea, our 4 to 7" turned into about 4 to 7 millimeters!

How would Powder hold up on a dozer blade???? I know that the "cutting" edge would not be the place for it, but the main (Dang wheres my CEP-2) thingy that pushes the stuff out of the way would be great.

This is too early for me to be posting.

Though on a pan seat, how would it hold up to a methane blast????

Tedd,
East coasters call it a plow!
Midwesterner's call it what it is, a Blade!
West coasters don't know what either one is!

Powder coating vs epoxy, sprays,etc - your results may vary ..... depending on what you use for the powder and your prep/spray process.

When it first came out I think the powder was epoxy only so you would think the results would be equivalent to sprayed epoxy except the coverage would be more even with powder because of the electrostatic "glue effect". Now there are many powder variations. Check out this PPG Powders

Bottom line is that it still gets down to how good your prep job is.

Bryan,
Do ya' thing you can make it outa' the drive way in this "Blizzard"?? Jezzus, I wish I could screw up as mush as the weather guessers.

Smart ass..? You should be more careful about who you cross swords with.

You quibbled about the definition of what I'm doing to my 1650. All I did was post a clarification of what 'restore' and 'refurbish' actually mean.

It's off topic so I'm going to drop the thread here, but there's no need to go private if you want to continue the discussion. C'mon over to <font color="ff0000">URL removed due to posting of private e-mails</font>

I should watch who I cross words with?
lol.gif

Apparently you don't know the power of a forum moderator. But you will soon enough
wink.gif

And yes, you posted the dictionary definition. And we all know darn well that there are specialized definitions that don't make it into the standard dictionary. Apparently you don't care to learn about them.

As has been said around here for years, if you don't like the way we do things here, be our guest and start your own forum.

Tom H. -

It was tough going for a bit, but I finally broke free of all the drifts
lol.gif

Tedd, you bring a blade to Plow Day that's already bare, and I'll pay to have it powder coated. That's one question that I'd like to know the answer to!!!

Travis -

Is powder coating compatible with mud or metal glaze? I'll bring my blasted Original blade
wink.gif

<font size="+2">CRAP!!! CRAP!!!CRAP!!!</font>
The Youte group strikes again.
sad.gif

The spring retreat is on the weekend of the 9th. Maybe I can bring them out there for a "working" retreat. We can help run the concession stand or something to that affect....

Tedd -

So bring 'em to PD!!!!

Crap.... I have about 5 or 6 inches of snow to move and I got my 782 going and I turned the pto on and noticed that the drive shaft on the QA42A blower was turning and not the chain sprocket. Found out that the tappered pin sheared. If I remember awhile back. some one said about a modification for this? Can that person post that again so that I can do this.

Jim S. -

There shouldn't be a tapered pin in there! It should be a 1/4" spirol pin. Cap'n Kirk used a 1/4" clevis pin, which you're not likely to find in the right size/material on a Sunday. Unless your hardware store has a helluva Hillman aisle...

Back