• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

lol.gif
Ya think?

Seriously, while I have no problem seeing what the consensus is, I am a bit concerned about diluting the definition to the point where (I wish I could find the exact quote from Bob's older pages) "spray cans of Wally Mart school bus yellow and off white" along with the MTD version of the Original hood decal becomes the model for a 100 point Original restoration.

We've all seen what gets proffered on ePay as a restoration, and I think most of us know better
wink.gif

Charlie, What is this about west coasters not knowing what a plow is???? Just have had little luck needing it this year. 149 is on the trailer and ready to go if there is just a need.

poof.gif
<font color="ff0000">see the note above where it says NO "you've got mail" posts?</font>

Got a question for you guys. My dad has a 70 he is working on with a bad axle housing and I have some spare axles from a 1450. Will the axles and housings from a 1450 work on a 70 or no? I know that one uses internal brakes and one uses external as well as one being wide frame and one narrow frame. Also does the fact that one is hydro make a difference for the rear end gears. Thanks for any help.

Chad,

Which part of the trans-axle are you trying to replace??
If it is just the axle casting (there are two one left, one right) you may be able to.

Housings = same-same

Axles, axles with brake rotors will work, but won't look right, axles without rotors = same-same.

Ring gear and carrier = same-same

Pinion = different

Chad-
To add to what other's have said, as far as I know, the sky's the limit. I have a rearend from an early 70, with needle bearing housings from a 129, fine spline axles and carrier from a MTD-built 82 series, with a ring and pinon from a 122. To the best of my memory it was all a bolt-together occasion.

Public Infomercial ...

Tuesday (02-22-05) 6pm/est RFDTV has a show of a COMPLETE collection of every IH truck built ...or so it says

......but an early '82 with coarse would work perfect
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hello All
Has anyone ever changed out the tower bearings on a 48 inch deck? Towers are on the bench and disasembled down to shaft bearing and holder anybody ever remove the bearings to inspect them? and if so what is the secret thanks

Thanks for the info on the clevis pin. I left and went to my girlfriends house like I usually do on sunday and mentioned what happened to her dad. He said he has a 1/4 stainless rod that might work. Good thing I had all the pieces from the old one and he cut me a chunk to lenght. I came home last night and had to grind the diameter down to get it to fit but it worked great to clean out the drive way! I'll probably buy a couple of clevis pins to keep on hand in case the stainless pin flys out!

Charlie, I would love to blade some snow about now.Really nice day out today. Had thte loader CCO outside for the boys today. Good time was had by all.

Slow progress on the loader progect.
25810.jpg

Gots to build the bracket for the pump once I figure out how it needs to be.

Thanks to all who answered my question. It's a working machine so I dont think he is to worried about the brake axle and the looks. Couldn't tell you what year the 1450 was as it was missing the serial number plate when they were taken off. Again thanks to all and I'll let you all know in the future how it turns out.

Kraig,
Refurbish vs. Restore No discussion needed. I think you definitions are perfect. Someone should FAQ that post.

Next subject,
I was snow plowing (or blading) and the snow was wet and sticky. Has anyone ever slip platted the face of a snow blade (or plow)? If so did it help to "wing the snow out"?

<font color="ff0000">Broc, Broc, Broc...

The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Democracy of Two&#153;</FONT> would caution you to pay close attention to the rules listed at the top of the page here - no want ads, no matter how thinly veiled. Your post was definitely on the hairy edge.

You might alse note the OTHER note above - try our sponsors for parts, or check out what's for sale in our classifieds.

* Broc *
</font>}

Back