• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tedd,
I know they should be towed a little but the tires are slanted in about one inch.

Sorry Jack,

But what I'm getting at is that the tires should be leaning out. The top of the tire should be about an inch maybe less further out then the bottom. I have never measured it, but the pair of Quiet Lines I owned had more tilt than my 100. The 682 I have has quite a bit of tilt.
15979.jpg

Sorry for the condition of the tractor, but Stinky is better now.
happy.gif

Jack-
That's not all uncommon, and I'm not so sure that it's undesireable. Ideal steering and tire contact will make the tire pivot right in the middle of it's contact patch, which would mean that if an imaginary line is projected from the kingpin to the ground, it should point right in the center of this patch, the amount the tire patch is deviating from this axis is tires scrub. Minimizing tire scrub makes steering effort easier.

Digger,

My 1450 has a lot different design. My spindles have a bracket with spindles welded to the bracket.

PSA - Good faith request.

From what I've been gathering over on the Deere site the registration numbers for their Spring Break Plow Day in MN are lower then they had expected.

If you are planning on attending please do them the favor of pre-registering as soon as possible.

As a host of these events I understand how frustrating it can be to try and plan an event without a decent "head count" to base your food, parking, space, help, etc. on.

So far, it seems like the JD event is the only PD being held this spring in the Midwest. They do a great job of setting it up and running it and it is worth the trip!!!!!

Yea Steve, it's lookin pretty sad right about now!
19 participants
16 Plowing
1 Selling
2 Spectators
14 John Deere tractors
21 Cub Cadet tractors
3 Other tractors
I even offered to setup a mini donut booth, grin

(Message edited by cProctor on February 20, 2004)

Charlie -

Sorry, the most popular guy in a nudist colony is NOT the guy that can carry a dozen mini-donuts and two cups of coffee
lol.gif

Hate to say, but I won't be at any event in April as of this writing - will be working all Saturdays that month on a migration for the Chicago Dept. of Revenue...

Charlie. it was good talking to you . Thanks for taking the time to talk to me. Brad Lyons

Hey All!

Dave Kamp here, in LeClaire, Iowa (I-80 at Mississippi River).

The concept of Caster, Camber, and Ackerman Angle is (in my opinon) best described in the Model A Ford Restorer's Manual... it covers it pretty well...

I see that I'm able to post now, so I'll figure out how to post pictures, and show you the spindles I made for my wide-frame mutt that'll soon have full hydraulic steering and an end-loader.

DK :)

Latest posts

Back