• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlies

displayname
Michael Lies
Ok Im trying this for the second time dont know why I cant post it. This is the electric dyno its missing the drive coupler and electric cord. Sorry for the cramped pictures my 127 engine is in pieces on top.
114976.jpg

114977.jpg

114978.jpg

My father has a Land & Sea dyno. Actually 1 1/2. One is mounted in the floor of a flat car hauler trailer and is used for wheel dynoing garden tractors for pulling. The other is for crankshaft readings. The computer is shared between the two.

Now that would be a sweet addition to my shop !
I've seen some articles about building one but didn't think much of it.
How much does one of those set someone back ?

It appears from what I can see in the picture that it's going to be to small for what you need. The torque gauge reads inch-pounds and looks like it goes to 60(?) so that's only going to be 5 lb-ft or 3.4hp at 3600rpms. A tad small for a 10hp engine.

Greg, I'm still waiting for some pictures of your Father's dyno setup?

Nice addition to a shop!

Ok guys got the rear end welded up makes me happy.

Next question is what type of tach do you guys use brand name or what?

Ben but everybody calls me Pops

Bruce are you sure that is what the guage is only rated at. If It wont do more than a 3.5 hp then I guess it wont be what I need. The only thing I could use it for is dialing in the rpm setting up the gov. Ill have to figure out what Im going to do with it takes up room in my shop dont need more of that. Thanks for the info from everyone.

Where can I find some info on yanmar diesel performance? I just bought a 3cyl w/turbo, but the pump has not been adjusted, and I need to figure out how to install an air/fuel ratio meter and adjust the pump properly.

RYAN - Diesel engines normally operate with a VERY variable air/fuel ratios, WAY beyond the range of air/fuel ratio meters used with gasoline engines. Gas engines typically run from 10-11:1 at full load to around 14:1, maybe higher under vacuum & no-load. Diesel engines idle at 80-100:1 and depending on Your desired amount of "Smoke" can run down to 6-8:1. Best way to think if a deisel is "They burn fuel in direct relationship to the amount of torque they need to produce". The 903 cid Cummins V-8 that was in the semi-tractor I drove 25 yrs ago burned 1 gal/hr idling in winter, but could burn up to 20 gal/hr at it's 67 mph cruising speed, Even just a bit more like 24-25 gal/hr at full load.

I've never heard of anyone running an A/F ratio meter on a diesel but it might be interesting to see what it does. Typically people monitor boost PSI and pre-turbo EGT's, and when things start to get interesting they monitor intake air temp.

Then it will look like this.
115085.jpg

This is a 3 cyl Kubota though.
Dan Leffler in Indiana could help you. Not sure how to contact him.

Good morning all
I have a question were finally getting a transfer sled in stead of a dead weight have any of you guys pulled both types of sleds?
I’ve never hooked to a transfer sled is there any thing I should do different from the dead weight I pull stock 12 hp 23/10.5/12 bar tires looking for any advise its going to be a learning experience this summer

RYAN - That doesn't look like a K-series Kohler in that Cub Cadet..... I hope a new paint job is planned.
lol.gif

I am wanting to put a locker or limited slip in my cadet but Haven't found anything yet, does anyone know of one or what will work or
that I can modify to work?
I don't want to weld it because I still use it around the yard but need it locked or at least limited for the woods. Thanks

Dennis - 3cyl Yanmar turbo diesel. My dad described it as the ugliest puke green he has ever seen, and he likes John Deere...so that must be bad.

D. Ryan: There is a big difference and I could write a whole page but do not have time.

1st off stick to your local stock class (the wilder you get the more money it will cost you)the best thing I can offer is hook to the sled and go. Try 1st gear the first time and learn how to lean back then lean forwards to keep the front down. It takes a few pulls to expierment but it is a ball and learning is the best part.

Myself I love both pulls but find it hard to make a good dual tractor. My 1000 is a great stock running dirt puller but for dead weight I have trouble getting a good percentage unless I am just trying to win the heaviest load pulled trophy. Which I have done.

So all winter I have been building a 106 strictly for dead weight pulls. I want to get that little guy in around 750 lbs with me on it. Losing 30 lbs. myself (which I needed to do anyway) will help get there.

If there is anything I can help you with e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to share some experience.

Its a ball any type of pulling!!

Pops

Craig , I would go with a Midwest Super Cub unit , page 6 in paper catalog.

I have an old 1450. I use it more for fun. I would like to modify it to increase the speed and reduce the noise. I thought about getting a golf cart, but the Cub is more fun. So basicly I am asking any tips on making my tractor quicker and quiter for cruising the neighborhood?

Michael, take a look at the hydro linkages from under the dash all the way to the side of the pump housing. You can tighten up some of the play to increase the throw. Also, with the fenders off, you really get a good look at each linkage rod & how you can make some more travel of the plate on the side of the housing for increased pressure & getting a bit more speed. I messed around with my 782 linkage for more speed with the snow blade on so I could get done faster & it's great! BUT! You also do more damage when you clip the side of the truck or hit the mailbox!

Craig, you could shim the axle gears tighter to the spider gears so it will act somewhat like a limited slip. Only drawback is, when they are shimmed that tight, they will eventually wear very badly with alot of turning sharply.

Latest posts

Back