Archive through February 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Lets do this again on this page.

Just in case you have not seen it yet!

I would like to welcome the Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine (LAGC) back as a site sponsor.
Be sure to check them out.
thumbsup_old.gif

185656.jpg

wow... whole lotta posting going on here.....

Well, by the pics shown of the stock angle unit, it didn't look much different then a lift cylinder. Guess I'll be finding out when I get mine put together.

Personally I can't see the cylinder being the weak point, as the mounts would be. Maybe I'll just have to adjust my "ramming speed"? LOL!

Larry,

The biggest difference between the lift cylinder and the angle cylinder is not the size (o/a cylinder) diameter, it is the ROD diameter. A lift cylinder may not withstand the force of ramming.

Jim Diederichs

one of these days I will measure the needed cylinder stroke to see what cylinder I should buy.I think
1a_scratchhead.gif
I read some time back that with the factory set up the blade would cut one side better. So a bigger stronger cylinder will just break something else if abused lol and Cubs that work will break sometimes.

later Don T
coffee.gif

Hi, guys, I have a good old 127 that is begging for a good snow thrower or snowblower. What is the difference between the Qa42 and the Qa42A and which would be better for that tractor. if anyone has one for sale, I'm interested. will post a "wanted add when I know which one I should be looking for. Thanks, Rich

Rich, The difference between a QA42 and a QA42A is the QA42A has a adjustable hitch so that it can be mounted on a narrow or wide frame tractor. A QA42 is a narrow frame hitch only, so in your case on a 127 which is a narrow frame tractor, either would work.

For me, I have a 1450, which is a wide frame and I would need a QA42A (or a QA36A)....

What causes my 122 to jerk when I let of the clutch. When my 122 is in neutral and I clutch
it takes about 10 or 15 seconds to stop the shaft why does it do this can an adjustment fix it.

Rich Porter
Some one that knows more than me will add something, but I think one will only work on a narrow frame tractor and the other will work on both. my .02 ( to be corrected)
old.gif

lucas donald jones
Two finger typing don`t work. but your teaser spring is broke.btdt. later Don T
coffee.gif

I found the original deeler stikcer on my 122 but
it got painted over how do I get the paint off with out harming the stiker.Yes I know my teaser spring is broke is that what causes it to take so long to stop the shaft toor is that something else?

ive used gunk carb and choke cleaner to get paint off decals spray some on and let the paint wrikle a little then wipe it off with a rag... this might only work with house paint tho... thats what ive used it on

Roland / Kraig

The ebay seller has agreed to refund my purchase price on the BB-36 ( cubby7204 ). Dave's been great to deal with and as an added bonus, he has the small gear I need to fix my angle drive.

So I get the small gear and a partial refund. I'll get new bearings local on friday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the difference between a BB-36 & a QA-36/QA-42 angle drive

BB36 has a 1.5 to 1 drive ratio
QA42/36 has a 2 to 1 drive ratio

Although both have a 3/4" input shaft, the length beyond the outer bearing on the BB-36 is 1-3/4" , while the QA36/42 is 2-11/16"

Both have a similar three bolt mount.

Jeff

lucas donald jones

Take that drive shaft apart and rebuild it for another 20 yrs or so and be done.Read the manual and adjust the clutch as per. I don`t see a problem with it after that. There great tractors and really simple the way they work. Later Don T

lucus i dissagree with your tagline strongly!!!!!!
war.gif

Latest posts

Back