Archive through February 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, I thought you were taking about the sleeve hitch. I came up with that design for the hitch adapter. A few pieces of scrap angle iron, a few welds and drill a couple of holes. Now it hooks up to the garden trailer or I can put, as you see, a clevis in there to hook up to chain or what ever.
happy.gif

Art, I'm not sure that engine "still" runs OK but it did 8 or 9 years ago when I last ran it....
blush.gif

John W.,
happy.gif

heres a question. i got the chain for my qa42. he counted the posts to 27. i guess its right. anyways i put the chain back on and when it runs the chain dips about an 1". while its running i hear a clank and its the chain hitting the bottom of the chain hole on the blower. how do i tighten that up? do i have to get a shorter chain or do i just loosen the nuts on the outer chain piece and tighten the bolt so it picks up the slack?

theo

Theo, the later, you loosen the jam nuts then turn the bolts (item B in the photo below) until you have the proper chain tension. Be sure to get the bolts as equal as possible then tighten the jam nuts back up.

79733.jpg

Theo, your query on chain tension is the perfect segue for me to post these:

79735.jpg

79736.jpg

Don T
Seeing you got the loader apart after you paint them you can send them to me It will save me a little time
noshare.gif

Pat we put the hood back on the 149 and did a little clean up around the Cub Shack. and NO i won`t send the loader over after i paint it lol
79741.jpg

Don T,
With stacks of 12 packs like that... how do you get anything done?

Well Keith you do have to pace yourself lol. I wanted to look at the play in the hydro and did find the problem. more parts needed. i`ll have to find the repair to use universal joints Mod next, now i see what was up.lol
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back