• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarnes

displayname
Richard Barnes
Well I thought I would entertain everyone with some more pictures. I dont know if it is a common problem but its not happened to my other cubs. When I started the 127 it made the worst noise Ive ever heard so I shut if down and found that the screen for the shroud had become disattached from the pulley. So I figured the only way to fix it would be to pull the engine so after I took it out I figured it would be a good time to fix the other little problems. I headed to pennocks(local cub dealer) and got a carb rebuild kit, beather gaskets and some other gaskets. Also I found that my points were broke so I put a new set on, anyway I will post some more pictures as I get it ready to go back in. Is there anything else I should do or look for before reassembly?

185640.jpg

185641.jpg

185642.jpg

WAYNE S. - Yes, the tuition is cheaper here, but I'm not sure I'd put this place on my resume'.

ART A. - All IH's printed matter had a document number, and revision dates. (Ag) Tractor parts books were TC-XXX, the engine parts book was ENG-5, There was a directory of all available books from Harvester Press that I had years ago. I got all kinds of manuals for my Super H, but unfortunately some of them didn't apply. But the M/Super M service manual is a great reference!

Can I use a BB36 right angle drive on my QA42 snow thrower?

I just got one off of ebay since the bolt pattern matched but the input shaft is shorter

Thanks
Jeff

edit-- it's QA42 snow thrower on my 125

I am getting ready to derust my gas tank and noticed that the tank is not really as large as it looks. all my tanks 128,129,108 have a portion blocked off inside, I have never heard this spoke of on here.
dunno.gif

Hey everyone i have a question to ask concerning my 124. I dug it out of the snow yesterday, cleaned it, and let it dry for an hour or so, and started it up. It ran fine yesterday. However, today it would start and run for a min or so, and then shut off. I started it again, and it did the same thing. Could this be a bad condenser, or just the fuel bowl dirty? I didnt suspect that it would be a fuel issue, because it was not sputtering, it simply just kept shutting off just like if you turned it off normally. I dont know what to do, i need some help! Thanks.
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

There is a little bit of rust chips in the bowl, but it has not really caused a big issue. It will start and run for a min or so, and then it shuts off like someone cut the ignition. The condenser looks original, so that could be an issue, but if it was, it would not start right back up like it did before it died again. Is it fuel or ignition, i need some help here! Thanks.
help.gif

have a question im wanting to know how you can get a pulling tractor to put out white smoke rings do i have to use different fuel i dont want it to run hot though

It's not sputtering as if it were running out of gas, it just shuts off as if someone cut the igniton. If the cub was running low on gas, would it shut off like i am describing or no?

What would the baffles in the gas tank do? I will look again tomorrow but it appeared to be sealed off

Richard S,
They make boosters and some substitutes that you can put into the fuel supply. It may run a little hotter, so dont use too much of it at one time. You can also tune the carburetor to run certain ways like that also, but i would not recommend it. What fuel does it run off of, Gasoline or Alcohol Puller?, cause they make certain things for each.

Tim,
I was running into the same problem tonight while keeping the drifts trimmed back with the 129. Acted a lot like it was running out of gas, but not only did the ignition cut out, but it wouldn't crank reliably. I caught a clue in the dark when I saw the light of a spark through the throttle lever slot when it cranked momentarily. I reached in, and pulled on some wires and it seems okay for now, but I definitely have a wiring issue I need to take care of asap.

This drifting snow is really getting old!!

Jeff B,
The gas is from last September, when i took it to Fawn Grove Old Tyme Days Fall Show in Pennsylvania. I filled it up with plus grade unleaded. It ran fine up till today. I have not filled it since then, so it may be running low. But i mean it just cuts completely off, it does not sputter like its running out, or has a fuel issue, but im not sure. Let me know if the fuel system is the issue, cause im still leanin towards the condenser. The bowl is a little dirty, but that has not caused me trouble lately. It looks as if it still sports the original condenser. Help me out. Thanks.

Tim I would start with a full tank of fresh gas and flush the old out before restarting fuel spoils faster than you think

Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a starting problem on my 129. It is hard to start and right when it sounds like it wants to fire it back fires out the carb then has to get spinning again. I put a new plug, wire, condensor, and points. Adjusted point gap to .20 and adjusted carb to kohler specs then tinkered with it to get it running just right. It has a puff of black smoke when it starts. Once it is running it runs and idles great with alot of power. It has been doing alot of snow plowing lately and runs great all day long. It was pushing the wet snow up into a pile about 5 ft tall and climbing it. I am a diesel mechanic learning about Cubs so any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

Bruce N,
My 124 cranked over fine. The battery's shot, so i had to use a battery engine starter/charger, and it cranked fine, and i did not see any sparks. I rewired the keyswitch last August when i first got it, it has been fine all the way until today. It does not sputter like its running low on fuel, because i know that sound, and it just cuts out like someone took off the spark plug wire. What is my issue? Thanks.

Hey Tim D., Check your grounds to make sure they are clean and tight.

Jeff,
I think you are right, because if the condenser was shot, it would not start back up like it had done a few times i tried. The carb leaks a little when running,(drips), so i tried to adjust the bowl gasket, but when i put the bowl back on and tightened it, it wouldnot start and run. It would start and backfire bad. So it is a fuel issue? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back