Archive through February 15, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh. Finally an interesting topic to discuss.
buttrock.gif

None of this "What's better, Hydro's or GD's? NF's or WF's.

STEVE B. - I saw that Meg-Mow discussion across the tracks.... I saw an ad in FARMSHOW about something similar except they used bolt-on serrated combine head sickle sections for cutting blades. I don't think the increased rotating mass would make any difference to a mechanical PTO clutch but it might make for a bigger JOLT when flipping the switch on an elec. clutch.

Dennis what is there to discuus....it's WF HYDROS that rule the roost
err.gif

JEFF - I got one of those... 'cause technically an SGT fits the description. Had another one (129) for 15 yrs before I sold it 4-5 yrs ago.

But I really enjoy using my NF GD's. For so many things they're just the perfect tool for the job!

Some day I'd like to BUILD a 1964 version of an SGT. Start with a FARMALL A or B rearend & 4-spd transmission. Put bigger tires, at least 16" dia on it... maybe build a Fast-Hitch, not sure what will end up under the hood for power. Probably something big and old, maybe diesel.

Got the 682 pressure washed, what a mess! But what I'm really proud of is I got the rockshaft removed, wasn't looking forward to that. Started bathing the pins in PB blaster about a month ago. They were hard to get out but not bad. Now to get the rear end pulled...

Dennis-

Too late for now. I put the 1/2" helicoil in and things snugged up nicely. I now have something else to look into with the Keen-serts or whatever they're called. I did clean the newly tapped hole well with solvent and air. I did this because all I have is blue loctite. I put a tad on the outside of the insert before inserting. I gave it some set time then popped tangs and installed the pan. I think it will hold for now.

WAYNE S. - It should be fine. The 129 I repaired got quite a few hours run up on it, It was SON's tractor to mow with and after he "outgrew" mowing, I used it most of the time.

well i figured id spell them wrong. hopefully they last for many years

When another roll pin just won't work. Sometimes POs just P me O!

221310.jpg

I can't even get grease in what's left of the zerk. The driveshaft coupler at the engine was welded to the driveshaft as well. Who needs new parts when you can just weld the old ones together.

Ray,
Don't count on it! I don't care how it feels, you gotta' look at the calender.
Hey, howsabouta picture of the "Leo Scraper" you have on you profile?

Latest posts

Back