• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
Well, in getting ready to convert the 682 to hydraulics, just removed the spring assist, fenders & battery box. Tomorrow I pressure wash it, then start to disassemble the drive shaft and rock shaft.

Roy T.
It's a Viking Roller Blade. Neat pieces to own!
221283.jpg

221284.jpg

Hello, I have bought a 107 1971 and there is a very bad decal at rear of the fenderdeck from a dealer at ohio. I did find a side of a website maybe a year ago and there it was a lot of different dealers decals, but I can not remember where I find it. Can anyone help me to remember where it was ? I think it was at any CC site. Greetings from Tord Karlsson

I want to replace the battery in my 125. I want the most power for size that I can fit in it. Anyone have any suggestions or past does/donts? Thanks, Tim

Lewis P. the 149 came from Steve Spencer in Gillespie IL 4/5 years ago, great shape, w/ new engine. I installed a Dave K. points saver, it fired off Wednesday morning at 6-deg.
I bought the 982 three weeks ago from Gil Williams in Jerseyvill IL. Engine need work, the rest of it is in excellent shape

Charlie, I noticed you had asked for some manuals a while back. I have both operators and service manuals for K series engines in .pdf. Can you use these? I looked in the manuals section and saw there were none of these. If needed, send me an e-mail so I can send them to you. Operators is 3.22mb & service is 14.1mb. Thanks. This applies to anyone else who might want a copy.

KennyP

Forgot some were there. Might be where I got them. Duh! Just cruising around the site and saw there wasn't any thing under Kohler in the manuals section. Anywho, if I find something else you might want, I'll give a shout. Have a good day and thanks for all you do here.

KennyP

Troubleshooting electrical problems - I have a 126 I'm working on. I have replaced the wire harness that I bought from a sponsor that went in very nicely. I also installed a new battery. The S/G looks like a relatively new replacement(black). When I run the engine the ammeter jumps all around, the rpms seem to have no influence on it's behavior. The ground connections appear to be ok. So I'm wondering about the voltage regulator and the S/G. The battery has lost it's charge over the course of the couple of weeks I've been fooling with it and I'm hoping someone here can get me on track again. The service manual says little about the S/G. What are the symptoms of a failing S/G and/or a voltage regulator and how can they be field tested to isolate the problem? I've owned IH cubs for a little more than a year now and still in the deep part of the learning curve!

Thank you for the help with the "plow Bolts". I have never seen such a thing before. I was able to get the other 2 spindles off the deck last night without damaging them this time. Now for the fun part, rebuilding them...

OK, thanks for your help, I'm still learning how to navigate this site and the associated links! Going out now to fire up the 126 and see what kind of voltage is coming out of the S/G.

Guys I`am a little annoyed here today.! I sprayed some paint on my 125 wheels (3 coats).I looked at them today because my tru powers are in and I was going to get them mounted.
bash.gif
The last coat went all leather looking, cracks nd now not smooth like it was the 2ND coat. Is it the paint ???
bash.gif

Don T.

Orange Peel.....paint was drying (evaporating off the solvents) and the next coat was applied at the worng time in the drying process.

My rule for painting straight enamel paints is; recoat within 30 min., or wait 2 days minimum. Every time I have broken that rule I've got bit.

Acrylic enamels and hardner change the rules some....

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

Well I waited a day and a half and re coated. Dang I hate it when that happens
bash.gif
I find myself making a note in bold letters on my shop wall. In big letters (somethings you can`t rush). Thanks Don T
rant.gif

Roy T.

Here a few more pictures of a Viking Roller Blade:
221288.jpg

221289.jpg

Viking made the Roller Blade so it would fit several different makes of garden tractors. I have liturature showing the Viking mounted on a Simplicity and John Deere garden tractors.

I've quit cubbing for the day but I have a helicoil question. I have two oil pan holes that stripped. The hole is approx. 1 1/4" deep and the helicoil insert is only 1/2". Do I screw the insert all the way to the bottom or leave it shy from the bottom or what? As you can see I'm not well versed here. This is a K-301 going in to one of the 129s tomorrow if all goes well. This is the last thing needed for this engine.

Thanks! And Charlie, thanks for the reopening.

My current computer will not open up the manuals. I am trying to get the driveshaft out of 125 but cannot. Do I need to get the dowel pin out of it at the flywheel coupling or am I missing something?

Back