• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim
I use a Neiko digital Lazer photo tach you can use it on any thing that turns.Before I got it I did some research on the tiny tach and they are not very accurate.

Pbradley, not sure I,m looking for bulletproof accuracy. My budget is probably a more critical factor. Just seems like it would be a good tool to assist in fine tuning carb and governor operation.

Ken, your snow was mistakenly delivered to my house. 4" this morning and 2" more tonight.

Here NW Montana I've got a 73 Cub that I use for lots of things around the place, including dragging in fire wood and snow plowing. It currently has, I guess, what they term "turf" tires. I'm contemplating going to regular tractor lug types rubber on the back or all around. Are there any hidden "got-chas" there. Any thoughts?!

L D Goss

No hidden "got-chas" that I can think of other than lug tires will "get-chas" to where you are going when&where turfs spin out.

L.D. Gross, the only problem I've ever had is when you run over a tree root up in the woods the ag bars will break traction going up steep hills or pulling a load.

Ken; quit sending the snow to Ohio. My cub and push blade is getting lonley down here. I have 21degres fog and drizzle rain. Hope it don't get to bad today. My wife wants to go somewhere expensive today, so i am going to take her to the gas station.
Luther

Luther - It's not me sending the snow away. I want to get the Toyota out in some snow ... any depth! Heck I'd even take it out in yellow snow if I could find some
biggrin.gif
67* here yesterday and shooting for a high of 28* today.

Tim - No a tachometer isn't a necessity but it does help you more accurately set up your engine ... and a cool shift light looks good on the dash ;)

Henri - Let some air out you wind bag
bouncy.gif
and let the tires "sponge walk" over those roots. Farm tractors do the same thing but it takes a bigger root.

Ryan, did you ever post a photo of that Brinly plow frame "tow hook" or did you have it at a Plow Day? I bet it was your's that I saw. Your camera has a good flash, I like the way it lit up the STOP sign in your bottom photo. Looks like your 1204 w/QA42A works great! How did those duals work? Any traction issues?

Ken,

I'll take 67 anyday. Snow and ice here in sunny Cleveland. The 126 with a blade and the 1650 with QA36 are doing there dutys, I just cannot get anybody to come out and take pics.

On another note I am putting a factory hydraulic lift on an old 100 I have. The problem is I bought the pump without the cylinder. I am going to fab up a cylinder and bracket, I just need some rough dimensions for a orginal cylinder. Overall length, Diameter, stroke length. Also in looking at the installation manual, I assume the slot in the end of the cylinder is for float, do I need that? The lift will be used for a tiller and a front blade. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Tom

Wow Ryan! Can't believe you busted out the blower for that. 6 miles north of you, I plowed our new place and I think we had 2-3" of the white stuff by 7PM.

Luther - Looking at the radar you might get enough snow to call on Steve to bring his snow equipment down there to dig you out
biggrin.gif

79436.jpg

bash.gif
I could'a swore Steve posted those.
Oh well ... it's to far for you to go to clear the snow fer Luther.

Ok guys "ol pops" is getting tired of this white stuff. I love it but dang I am ready to start talking Mowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pops

Pops - Use your mowing deck as a right hand discharge uniform leveler snow thrower.
biggrin.gif

well guys it snowed last nite and is going to ture to rain so they say. some plowing to do later this afternoon. i want grass to cut soon.
79439.jpg

How's everyone in New England making out with the 8" of slush last night? My snowblower choked and I had to order a plow truck!!! The stuff is too heavy!!!

I'm near Binghamton NY and got around 5 inches of fine granular snow, temps around 25 or so. It wasn't bad. They were calling for rain today and temps up to 36 so I left the snow for tonight as I didn't want a reoccurence of ice on my driveway. It's supposed to get cold again, so I thought it'd be easier to blow the snow with ice on top rather than ice and sliding around.

Snowed all day yesterday around Madison, WI. so I was out @ 3:30 this AM with the Super H to move the 3-4" we had....Forcast is for 1-2" more tomorrow. Sure was chilly this AM for the 45 min. I was on the H with temps of Minus 2 degrees.

Back