• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Nic

82 series has a bend to give it clearance for the side panel . I did bend mine but it still comes real close.

It might have only been 3 inches of snow, but I'll take it at this point.
clappy.gif

294084.jpg

294085.jpg

294086.jpg

Brian,

Nice looking old 70!!!!

Jeff,
Nice trade. I would've done the same thing.
beerchug.gif
Ya do know once ya have one red one, you'll want another. Maybe a red smoker.............
whistling.gif
buttrock.gif

Brian,
Nice set up on your 70. Looks good.
I never heard of putting chains on the front though.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I know you want good grip when plowing snow, but......?
I use tri-ribs myself and they seem to do the job.

Shultzie

many times I have seen large highway trucks chain up there steer wheels to spread sand on dirt roads that have ice build up. with out the chains they could not steer to spread sand .

Brian, that is a great looking 70 and I really like the front chains, I might make a set now.

Josh to bad its a yellow and white model

Richard S.,

Engine stumble on throttle-up is a common problem with the Walbro carburetor, and I assume this is what you're running? The fix is to redrill the idle progression holes - you have to remove the welch plug on the calibration pocket (side of carb) and have some small drill bits (.010" diameter)and essentially duplicate what was done in the Carter (Kohler) carburetor...not a project for the inexperienced.

Don't know why the guys at Walbro did such a poor job calibrating these carbs for the Kohler engine.

Brian, nice photos! Are those stock headlights? They seem a bit brighter than stock, could just be the photos. I assume the front chains are for a walk behind snowblower. Interesting to see them in use as front chains.

Richard S., I have a Kohler K301 equipped with a Walbro carb that David Kirk modified as he describes below. No engine stumble on throttle up with it. David also rebuilt and hot-rodded the K301 to his full "Killer Kohler" specs. for me.
buttrock.gif

Jeff,
A yeller and white 782? Truly a CCC one...... Darn, still working on converting ya to the red side.
happy.gif

David S., I mounted mine on a short piece of aluminum bar stock and used one of the pedestal mounting bolts to mount it on my #2 125.

294093.jpg

294094.jpg

I lightened up and cropped the images for detail views of how I routed the wire. Was kind of hard to see in the original images I posted below.
happy.gif

294096.jpg

294097.jpg

we got to much snow and I can`t get into my shed to look for the belt adjuster for the snow thrower on my 1512 . It will have to wait till next year.We are to get another bunch of snow friday ,over a foot so they are saying . here are a few pictures . the one with the walk behind blower was taken last week and those banks are now a lot higher.

294102.jpg

294103.jpg

David S.,

PointSaver mounting on NF - Many folks install them on the exterior of the tractor, right under the battery. They like to see the red LED when setting ignition timing.

Kraig - thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Latest posts

Back