• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Son & I cleaned the snow out of the front yard Sat. AM to make room for more snow this week. Between the Super H and Dad's old '51 M We moved some SERIOUS snow Sat. AM. Both tractors weigh within 500-600 of the same weight, 7500-8000# each and they would shove into 8 ft wide piles of snow and put them ANYWHERE We wanted....even thru 2-3 ft deep snow.

We're going to break the all-time record for snowiest winter EVER around Madison WI today. Record is 75+ inches and We're 6/10ths of an inch short of the record with 4-6" predicted for tonight. BRING IT ON! We're ready!
Shift.gif
ihrotate.gif

Dennis - You're just GREEDY !
biggrin.gif

We've not had measureable snow in three years
sad.gif

JohnD - Yup
79318.jpg

Todd H., looking good!
thumbsup.gif

Donnie H., Good question, Marlin has a good point about the snow conditions. I've never noticed a traction difference year to year I have noticed when I hit some ice under the snow. I don't know if tire pressure makes that much difference when you have chains on. All you can do is experiment and see if you can notice a difference.

Jerry B., is this the photo you are referring to?

79320.jpg

Yes tire air pressure will make a diff even with chains. Less air = wider/flatter foot print. Wider is better to a point then you have to much of contact area which gives less PSI on the contact surface, in other words it'd be like taking weight off.

Kraig - Wasn't that pic the "Mars" shot ...

DING DING DING Times up on my Mind Twister question saturday ... with NO winner !

I need to get one of these for the saftey factor
79330.gif

Because of the Flash Point
79331.jpg

So I can do this
79332.jpg

Then I'll have a HEATED Parts Washer
biggrin.gif

Great job Kraig! Did some looking and didn't find it. You must look through them a lot more than some of us. Great picture but that blade would have a lot more wear
construction.gif

KENtucky, could be.
dunno.gif
I think it was Ranger Buck that posted it, I remembered the photo just not the details. I'm starting to get like you:
old.gif
BTW, I like my answer to the magnet heater better...

Jerry B., who could forget a classic photo like that one. I knew right where it was.
happy.gif

Great information! Thanks guys for the pictures and confirmation of the hydro ports. That's exactly what I was looking for. Right now I'm trying to get a usable float lock button off a damaged lift handle. Does anyone know how to remove the float lock button without damaging it? What about installation of a new button, how is that done without damaging the new one? I know they are pressed in at the factory, but I don't have the jigs they used, nor the press. Is there another way?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves

Latest posts

Back