Archive through February 09, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Doug-Great video. Looks like he needs a little more meat on those bones to keep those wheels from spinning. He's like my boys were. When I was standing there they went easy on the hydro lever. I could tell from some ruts they left they were full go when I wasn't looking. That's probably how my dirt bike ended up in a creek one day also.
happy.gif

Doug, my grandson is only 2, but now I can't wait to teach him about BRS

Harry

We got waist deep snow here . bring a shovel and I can tell you where to dig lol. Oh and the gopro a friend has well dropped it and it don`t work no more. My Ion air pro gets a good rating and if I had a sd card I would post some video .I have two 256 gb cards in the mail.my 129 loader has a set of the 50LB on it for a few years along with two sets of IH weights.

Found a picture of my 129 loader with one set of IH weights and the 50 lb weights.

294027.jpg

My grandson has been learning to drive the tractors since he was about two years old. He's also been riding quads since he was two and racing them at the local motocross track since he was four. The granddaughter is three and just now getting interested in the tractors and riding quads. I try and teach them as much as their little brains can take in.

Carb adjustment or something else? When I advance the throttle quickly, the engine dies. If I advance it very slowly it will accelerate. This is after I let it warm up at idle. Engine is a K321 with new after market carb and spark plug. Timing is dead on, checked with timing light. Valves are .009 I and .018 E

Richard S. did this problem exist prior to replacing the carb. or is this a new problem since installing the new carb?

Richard S.

Fixed main jet carb or adjustable?

When off idle pick up is an issue it usually means that the idle screw is set too lean, back it out 1/2 turn and retest. May also need to fatten up high idle a little too (if adjustable).

These little engines do not like to run on the lean side of things. keep them 1/4 to 1/2 turn rich (past the mid point) and they tend to behave better.

Don T.

Did the 50# plastic have IH decals on them or were they just plastic? I know there were many versions of the plastic ones, but I have only ever seen the R/W/B IH decals on the 75# weights.

will the 42" snow blade on my IH 169 be a direct fit on a ccc782?

cool thanks charlie for some reason I thought the arms where longer for the sgt

Doug,

Looks like he put those springs to good use a few times while employing BRS!!!!!

Young operator in training!!!!

Jeff - a 782 ain't an SGT which your response inplies. If your question was really meant to ask will the 42" blade from your 169 fit an SGT the answer is no.

I thought the 782 was considered a sgt but now looking back i see i was wrong again

Fixed main jet carb or adjustable?
Adjustable. I'll adjust the carb some more. There is an art to this and I'm not gifted with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

did this problem exist prior to replacing the carb

Bought the engine non-running, missing carb. Did a basic tune-up and put the new carb on.

Steve I have a set of 50# weights that does have the Red, white, blue decal on them.

Richard,
I had one doing the same thing. After playing with carb and timing with no improvement, I swapped out the condensor out of desperation. Problem solved.

swapped out the condensor out of desperation.

I'm running new gen-u-wine Kohler points and condenser. Thanks for the suggestion though. The motor has maybe 2 hours on it since I bought it.

Latest posts

Back