• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 04, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
Digger well said,yes thank you Kraig for all you do for those of who don’t know there a$$ from there elbows when it comes this posting game LOL.A little while ago while I was poking around with my maintenance stuff the front pto pressure plate fell off LOL looks like the spring washer and snap clip must have rotted off or something and when I turn the engine over it dropped off,I’m just glad it held out long enough to get the tractor home,seeing how it drove up on the trailer.

Ethan,

You mentioned some housekeeping completed on your 149.
Did you check the hydraulic fluid? Just thought I would mention it.
happy.gif

THANKS Charlie and Kraig for all you do!!!
greenthumb.gif

Marty- yes I did I changed the hydro fluid along with the motor oil.David yes I did it’s in the pile of stuff in the picture

Ethan, nice find!
Well went to use the 100 today, but the battery just didn't have it. Popped the charger on, haven't had any issues with the battery for 5 years, and tried again after a bit but no go. I switch this battery between units so I don't have problems with them sitting. Not bad for farm and fleet battery really. Just bad timing for me. Had to shovel by hand! Something to be said for Steve B suggestion on a maintainer. Other batteries have only lasted 2-3 years previously

Well I guess we just have to be happy with our five Super Bowl rings LOL

Ah....what a great game huh guys.
buttrock.gif

It's nice to see my son getting older and wanting to clear the snow with the 100 now. I was worried that he wasn't gonna have too much interest in our Cub Cadets.
err.gif
Here he is a couple hours before the game started.
319302.jpg

Shultzie - hey that was one of the best SB's. How old is your son? Looks like he's doing a nice job there.

Shultzie - hey that was one of the best SB's. How old is your son? Looks like he's doing a nice job there.

Snow blower and maintenance for 129
A while back I saw a statement that some one had put a piece of cardboard in front of the grill on there CC to keep the heat from blower chute.
Any comments on that?
Also just curious, how often does anyone check or change points in their CC.
Thanks for any comments
Earl L

Earl L.
Not much point in cardboard when the exhaust goes out the side. ;-)

Do the points at the first sign of rough idle or spittin, LOL

Cardboard keeps the engine cooling heat off of the chute......not a big help, but it does make a little difference if you can keep everything cool on the chute rotator

30 deg wet heavy snow....it helps.....otherwise, minor benefit, agreed

Just in from blowing snow (4" snow, 5 deg outside) and after 2 hours of 782 engine heat the thrower was an ice cake, as was the hood......that heat does warm everything up!..... I have the exhaust turned out to the side, so it's mostly engine and muffler heat....

Caleb and I were out last night for about 3 hours
we got almost a foot here in Keota
That's the most in one shot that I can remember
Running 2 machines last nite at 48 inches a past was a Blast
and nothing like a cab with heat to make the nite even better

Latest posts

Back