• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the previous owner of the blade must have jerry-rigged that setup. In order to make it right, I'll have to fabricate a new lift rod - the existing one is obviously too short. Anyhow, it's working now, so it'll have to wait for spring. Anyone have pix of where the rod attaches to the blade mount?

my view at chips alteration by the po: the lift rod broke they heated it up (you an see the mark on rod) and bent it, they then attathed it to the lift arm from another cub and bolted it to the real lift arm.
dunno.gif

hey guys i need some help,,,,,i tore the engine down on the cub 71,,,i found the rod badly scored, and the crank lightly scratched, i dug around in the oil pan and found chunks,,,,well i cleaned the chunks off and they were teeth,,,,the govenor gear did a detionation in my motor,,,,,now my question is where can i get a new govener gear for a 7 horse kohler,,,,also the clutch has some play in the disingage arm, is that normal?,,,,thanks again for the time guys!

Dennis F.
Loud pipes do not save lives.

Anyone who had ridden a motorcycle for more than 5 years with loud pipes can tell you that.

That is if they can hear you ask the question.

i ride dirt bikes all the time and hate when someones on a quiet quad or bike because im always flying and cant see around the bends but can hear if its someone with a loud bike! my bike is very loud... no ones ever hit me!

I got the 1450 running again - Thanks Art and Dave! I checked the voltage to the coil (good), the resistances between terminals on the coil (OK; thanks Roland B for the diagram), I replaced the ends on the wires to both + & - coil terminals. Then I checked the wire to the points to ensure no cracks that would cause shorts to ground before the points (it was OK). Finally, I removed the points and found the surface of the moveable contact had a significant build-up on it. (Or in Art's terms, it was "buggered up."
lol.gif
I replaced the points with a used set that came with a used engine block I bought a year ago and it fired right up. I suppose I should get a new set of points to keep on hand - that should guarantee I'll never need them!

By tomorrow night I should have the front blade on this tractor to complement the snowthrower on the 782. Life is good.

Greg,
Just think of it as insurance.

New parts seldom ever get used or needed unless they are in your shop and you are miles away from it when you need the part.

That will seem to happen every time something breaks and you have a new replacement part.

Wayne S:

None of the Ignition Switch on the IH built Cubs need to be grounded. Not until CCC started using the M-18 Kohler, did a grounded Ignition Switch appear.

LONNIE B. - GEE....I was making a little H-D Joke...You should know that!

Ever seen a Harley pulled over for loud pipes?
whistling.gif

My list of things with loud pipes is as long as things without. Both FARMALL's, the 72, the pickup all piped. Just My car & Wife's car, the 70 & 982 with mufflers.

I had bikes for years when I was younger. Inattentive car drivers endanger bike riders. What the bike has for an exhaust makes no difference now days I agree. After one too many close calls on the road I enjoyed trail riding for several years. Just got too expensive trying to keep parts hunted up for a 15 yr old Spanish enduro bike without any US distributors.

Dennis Frisk
I do love the sound of an H D rolling by lol. had my time with cycles over the years. I would love to have a road king now, but the wife will not let me buy one so we put in a 24' pool instead.
Out in the shop I go to get the O ready for paint. Later Don T

Latest posts

Back