Archive through February 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firestone Tire Update:

My local dealer called yesterday and informed me that 8.50 Stones should be available again at the end of this month, give or take a week or two. He quoted me a price of $75 ea. (ouch)

So, it looks like there will be another run of the 8.50's made. If you are wanting a pair you might want to try to get them in March, seems like this tire is/has been on the verge of going NLA for the last few years.

SB -

Maybe not NLA but certainly on a low-volume plan.

Seems to make sense, how many of these can they possibly be selling per year and to whom? Us?? The WFM folks?? A handful of others??? And once we have a pair on every tractor out there then what?

Doesn't sound like I'd interrupt any of my production lines with such a tire any more than I'd have to
wink.gif

Robert J. -

Without getting into the ugliness of why the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> decal isn't in the MTD decal kits, did you try checking the folks at "the colorful boxes above?"

The setup that Charlie posted was made by Ed Stillions for installing "invisible fence" wire. Which I believe is installed only a few inches deep.

Steve B., thanks for the update on the Firestones.

I was able to complete my "colored border" literature collection from the late 70's at the St. Louis Toy Show.

284, Farmall Cub, 184, QuietLine, 1100, LT's, Bathtubs, Pushmowers, Special Duty Equip.

25564.jpg

There may be a walk behind tiller piece in this style (I don't have that yet), but otherwise the collection is very nearly complete.

Steve, I have a scan of a walk behind tiller flier that I believe is from that era (number on the back is "AD-32509-F" compared to the Quiet Line version's "AD-32505-F") there is no color border on the front. It is a single sheet double sided.

25566.jpg

25567.jpg

<font size="-2">P.S.:Cubs Vol. 2\Brochures\Data Sheets. :eek:)</font>

Bryan

I checked CC Specialties Web Site and did not find it. I have not checked with the others. I will give them a call.

Thanks
Bob Johnson

Bryan

Interestingly one of my sticker sets was an NOS set and the other was a reproduction (dont ask me why I had both) and that sticker was not included in either one? Strange?

Bob Johnson

herbert,

I sent you an email on voltage regulator testing. Let me know if you recieved it. I may have had a problem sending it. I tried to post on the forum but didn't know how make the scans small enough for the forum to take it and still have it readable.
destroy.gif

Jim

Steve B.

I feel for you, I had the Hong Kong Flu when it made the rounds in the late 60's. I laid in bed for 5 days, had to put one foot on the floor to keep the house from spinning. Didn't have strength to get to my gun and the wife wouldn't get it for me.

Bryan

Sounds like I better put in some tolerance for crooked stud holes. I have never had any problem with the top two holes, but now I am using the top 4 holes. I suspect if you stud all the holes your chances of finding a bad one go up considerably.

Wyatt & David K.

Thanks for the casting information, I guess I never really stopped to think about it before. Learned something new today.

Well my 123 hydro sits in a tin shed all winter never started, and each spring it fires up with little problem and never has any problems with rust on the drive shaft either.
On the other hand I have 2 102's and the older of the 2 never has given me any probles sitting out side, just the younger one, (younger by 1 year)

Oh well it could be worst I could have all hydros and not have any rusty drive shaft problems.
happy.gif

The little<font color="ff0000">IH </font><font color="000000">on the rear of the cubs can be purchased at most case IH dealers.</font>

(Message edited by lbuttke on February 09, 2005)

CHARLIE - Looks like The Grump was making His own replacement CC front axle..... Either that or become a Certified Supplier to JD Horicon Works! ;-)

Jim, I did not get the email on Voltage Regulator testing yet. My email is [email protected]. I have the Regulator off and the Contacts look fine. Also all the wiring rings out OK. All resistancees are 5 Ohms or less. These are the Leads to the Field, Magnetic Switch and Charge indicator. I am starting to suspect the Ignition Switch. I will await your email.
Thanks, Herb

Anyone here going to the "IHCC Winter Convention"?? Can pick up/drop off. (See correct page for more info.)

Hey Charlie,
Just switched back to the 4 1/2 pulley on the snow thrower. We're expecting 15 + inches of wet white stuff. Don't think I 'ld have enough torque to throw it. Did notice a loss in torque for heavier snow with the 3" pulley during the last storm but a hell of lot of fun with the light stuff.

What about putting a larger rear sprocket on the thrower, the drive side, which would also increase speed of thrower, but auger only, versus increasing the speed of both right angle gear box and the drive shaft?
Marcus
A pic of my 169 loader.
25577.jpg

Marcus,
Where you put the gear reduction or increase doesn't matter. Its the sum of the reductions between the drive, or the power, and the load. In your case its the reduction between the motor and the auger.
You might want to try a few pulley sizes in the middle. Going from a 4.5 inch to a 3 inch is quite an increase. If my math is right thats a 50% speed increase.

Terry,
I understand that, I guess my point was to increase auger speed and not the rest of the components of the snowthrower by changing the ratio at the closest point to the auger.

Does anyone know how to calculate the % of rpm change if adding 1 or 2 or 3 additional teeth to the drive side spocket?

Would be interesting to know!
Marcus
25580.jpg

Latest posts

Back