• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmorski

First post on a clean slate. Boy did the weather guessers miss it today. They faked the schools and even the local community college into closing. Predicted 4-6 inches and all we got was 1/4" and some rain.

Bummer for anticipated seat time.

It must have went up Steve B's way.

Wish I could be so wrong and still get a pay check.

John W., not having a 70 or 100 I can't say for sure, but I think there is just a lock nut on the inside of the pedistal. You'll likely have to remove the battery then you should be able to get to the inside. I don't think it's a captive nut on the 70/100. Does your 70 have the early style triangle shaped PTO handle or the plain bar style as on Steve's 100?

Thanks for all the info. I guess I'll have to shop around for the best price on the carb cleaner.

Hugh, well it would be good practice for when I get to the other Cubs that will be refurbished. But then they'll be occasional workers rather than trailer queens but I want to get them as close to new looking as possible before I start to use them again.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 05, 2004)

Kraig,

A-Zone has gallons for cleaner too, they work good and are priced in the $12-20 range (complete with basket for dipping).

Travis has the carb shaft kits modified for your style clamp-on throttle stop.

Make sure you get the emulsion tube out carefully and cleanthe little holes in the main needle with a tag wire...otherwise it's biz as usual!!!

My 70 has the later style bar. I could be mistaken, but it does'nt look like the battery box is removable. I was wondering if I could get away with not removing the dash pedestal to fix it.

John, Kraig-

There should be a nut of some sort rattling around in there now. My 100's PTO lever came off once...that thing is a pain to put back on. It's kind of hard to reach around in there to put the nut back on....especially when it's all rusty.
happy.gif
There might be a lock washer or something like that too, I can't remember.

John W., I didn't say to remove the battery box just the battery! It won't be easy to get down in there.

Matt, yeah, I figured there must be a nut involved. Thanks for the input.

Steve B., thanks for the heads up on Travis' site, I may end up getting them from him. My brother is checking on the price for me. The place he works at is also a Kohler dealer.

Hey Art
I bought one of those gallon paint can size carb cleaners at auto zone for around $12.00.It worked great took all the paint off even. the $48.00 one sounds like there cleaning out your wallet ;).
Here is a pick of the 982 with the plow
15611.jpg

this season really sucks just been alot of 1-2" snows I think one time we had 8".I'm lucky if I get her out once a week. Its wierd here by the lake,I am only about 5 miles away but if you go out 10-15 miles they get pounded with the lake effect snow. I had to drive out that way yesterday in some places the snowbanks were 10 ft tall, it was like a different world
Kurt B.

Wyatt,Charlie, and Travis
Are you guys ready to move some snow ?...

Rob-
Umm . . . . . yeah, after I drive my 90 mile commute home! I might just have to stay across the street at the Ramada and plow tomorrow.

Thanks guys for the info. This may be a very stupid question, but can you attach the snowplow lift rod to the hydraulic lift set-up on a narrow frame?

More snow on the way guys!
15613.jpg

Photo taken just now on HWY 63! I got hit with snow from the plow right after taking this photo for you guys!
happy.gif
I bet the driver got a chuckle!
15614.jpg

Looks like lots of so called fun tomorrow around here! and tonight!
beerchug.gif

(Message edited by jlang on February 05, 2004)

John,
I wasn't gonna say anything BUT since you brought it up, LOL
What kinda guy does it take to see a BIG SNOW PLOW bearin down on him and still stands there?????
eek.gif

Charlie... suppose John is still shaken the snow off!!!!!!

Rob, I put the blower on the 966 last night. Should be fun tomorrow!!!

Well Guys, I got all the snow shook off!
happy.gif

Got home safely in my Jeep and fixed my own supper! Wife is staying at her folk's place in Waterloo! Suppose she will see Wyatt?
happy.gif
Travel is not advised in this area tonight and I think it will get worse over the next couple days. After the snow passes by it's supposed to get really cold and windy! It's been drifting all day today as it is!

Looks like we may get hammered pretty good!
Too bad I don't have a snow thrower mounted!

All I have at home Charlie is my black/green 317SE you drove at PD6 & 54" 4-way hydraulic blade. That's fun enough though! It's really amazing what these little tractors will do! I'm leaving my '53 Ford Golden Jubilee with loader sit in the shed!
Next year I should have my CC108 finished with the custom non-trip blade to use either here or at work.

Has anyone put an Electric PTO Clutch on a 149? This was suggested as a possible fix because I keep burning off Buttons on the new style Clutch. The dealer has been adjusting them so I am looking for another way. If the Electric idea is no good, how do I adjust the new Clutch which has the Plastic Buttons?
Thanks, Herb

finally i,m makin some progress on my 149, got the hood (and every thing under it) and decals on. today i got it off of the jack stands and sittin on the new titan tru powers. hopefully this weekend i'll get the fenders painted and the last of the yellow "stuff" done,

dang Art $48. for a gal of carb cleaner, i bought 5 gal last week from napa for $65. and a pretty girl delivered it.

my preferance on the carb and any aluminum is to use aluminum colored paint. makes for nice contrast to the other parts

as far how much weight you can hang on the back of a cub
15620.jpg

Latest posts

Back