• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbert G,
Click on the CC Specialties or one of the other sponsors logo above and buy a steel button for the PTO and a bronze button for the engaging lever and dump the plastic ones.

Ever make a steel donut?????

15624.jpg

15625.jpg

Found one of the worn out skid feet I lost the other night with the thrower this evening......saw a "puck" fly out in front of the auger and wing the bricks on the house, knew right away what it was
happy.gif
. Looks like I'll have to weld up a new pair of feet.

Anybody ever "improve" this design????

BTW, our 4-6" of snow was only about 3", but the east wind that blew all day made for some wild drifts on the drives and roads in the area......of couse a good neighbor always helps out
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Dumb a$$ village hasn't even been down our road (they assume control of a country road due to a subdivision, and then forget to maintain it) so the Cub fleet cleaned up the mess caused by a car that got stuck in the entrance to the subdivision.....nothin' like pulling the heck out of a Kohler with a good load on the thrower!!!!!!

Doug "Bucket" Barnett, that shop looks real familiar... I am trying to think of where I have seen it before... BTW, good thing you posted a pic of the BACK of those weights.
15627.gif

Looking forward to seeing the 149 completed. Maybe I should come up there real soon.

Steve, our 1-3" has turned into 6-7" and still snowing. I'm gonna have fun tomorrow!!!

Travis,

Just don't do what the seed corn plant did here.....brought in a blower to clear the lot after a big storm, but forgot to tell the operator that they spread 2" of fresh white rock that fall..........what a mess!!!!! Soupy mess of a parking lot and a gravel yard!!!!

Tonight's math lesson.....

"Travis snow blower math"

"std." Cub Cadet snow blower...36" to 42" with 12-17hp

IH Model 80, 8 feet with 120+hp 966 Turbo.

...2 to 3 times the width, 8-10 times the horsepower (turbo diesel HP at that)......sounds like a Travis set-up if I ever saw one!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Will 4th reverse be fast enough to make that 9' smoke like the 1782????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve, I was able to take a pair of round "slugs" from a steel fab shop's punch press and make new shoes for my blade. A two inch round worked out ok and are 3/8 thick. Can come doun to luck on what is in their scrap. Other method would be to saw a slice off of a piece of shaft. Could get a much harder piece this way.

Went to a Auto Supply up near work tonight. Carb cleaner $24/gal. Not cheap, but better than the local NAPA/Savings & Loan. I have a carb rebuild on the 72 coming up..

Travis-
Any chance of getting some pictures of that "Travis sized" snowblower in action?

Steve try cutting a round piece out of an old plowshear and weld the 1/2 bolt to it and radius the corners the shear holds up well on the abrasion.

Steve B. I had to replace mine so I improved them. At work I had a plasma table operater cut me two 2 inch diameter pieces out of T1 steel. We get some plate steel in 8'X 30' sheets. I don't think they would miss the little bit I needed. I then welded a 1/2 inch diameter bolt to them and chucked them in a lathe and put a 45° bevel on the bottom. Befor I installed them I put the jam nut on the bolt first. If the threads get stiff you can put a wrench on the nut to turn the skids. Weld on the bolt head gets in the way of the wrench. Remember anti-sieze is your friend.

I seen a nice snowblower setup Tuesday night on my way home from work. A guy had what looked like a IH 5488 (no front assist) with a 3pt twin chute snowblower. He was clearing his lane and was about a 1/4 mi off the road. I couldn't tell who made the snowblower but, it was the same green color as a Parker gravity grain wagon. What a sight! The snow looked like it was coming out of a snow machine on a ski resort!

Herb..

i pit an electric warner cltuch on my 149 about 10 years ago, and never looked back... this is a design similar to the ones used on a dixie chopper or a ferris mower. the one i got was an engineering sample, so i can't supply a part number. i will shoot some pictures this weekend and post them for all. the existing convoluted clutch disk holder sheet metal 'thingy' has to go, and i tied in the safety switch used on the mechanical pto through a relay to take care on the engagement and still keep the 'no start with pto on' safety feature...

Someone just got home from their commute that started yesterday!

Looks like I get to fire up the 169 and play in a fresh 10" snow.

Literature shot of a plain jane Model 80...no options.

15629.jpg

Art, did you happen to price the carb cleaner at that auto parts store in the strip mall in Hudson (the one near Subway and the theater)?

Steve
Something on the order of these shoes for an Original, non trip blade, might work a little better than the round ones, if made a bit longer and wider, and maybe thicker material. Would give more wear surface. Seems like someone posted a picture of some.
15631.jpg

Art, no but I will be soon! I'll keep you posted.

Here's some from the archives, I don't recall who made them.
15633.jpg

buttrock.gif
guitarist.gif
ihrotate.gif
guitarist.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
guitarist.gif
ihrotate.gif
guitarist.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
guitarist.gif
ihrotate.gif
guitarist.gif
buttrock.gif

<font size="+2">YEAH! THE 169 IS ALIVE!!!</font>

It would have fired up first light if some dummy would have connected the spark plug! With my new Kirk Points Saver it seems much smoother too, especially at full song.

No work, 10" of snow, 169 . . . . can it get much better????

Kraig, not my picture but that is what I am trying to say.
I think I like Paul's better though.

Latest posts

Back