• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was able to get all of the mice and nests out of the 149 last night. It sure was nice to hear it fire up again! Its snowing right now and I hope to try out plowing again....cant use chains anymore since our new house has a paved driveway. I think its time to order some ag tires for the winter.
15635.jpg

A deeper look into the archives to find out who originally posted the skid photos shows that they were made by Scott "BFM" Harris.

Steve B., Travis, do you know if the style clamp-on throttle stop that I have was only used on that size carb, i.e., do I still need to measure the throttle shaft before I order one from Travis?

15637.jpg

15638.jpg

Kraig, AFAIK the ones with the clamp on shaft are all the same except the 7/8 hp. I am not sure about the 10's. Steve might know.

Travis, thanks. Any idea if you have any in stock?

Travis, FWIW I have a 12hp. Your website lists the kits as <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

IH - Kohler Throttle Shaft Repair Kit
Includes throttle shaft, throttle shaft bushing, installation tool, bowl gasket, bowl baffle gasket, bowl retainer gasket, #2-56 screw, 3 #3-48 screws, and loctite. This shaft is modified for the "clamp on" style throttle linkage.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
I'm curious, who "modified" the throttle shafts? You? Kohler?

Now if Steve will confirm that it'll work for me I'll get one ordered. Ohhhh Steve.... :eek:)

Kraig, a certain someone in WI modifies them ;-)

Scott has the same kits.

In for a rest and more gas for the tractor. . . .
Snow started out fluffy but we've got a heat wave going now at 31 degrees and the snow got thick FAST! The part of my neighbor's drive he did with his 14hp Massey this morning already started to melt off.

15640.jpg

15641.jpg

15642.jpg

Kraig,

Later models use the #16

Do you have a later model carb???? You could measure the difference from the top of the casting on both and subtract the difference from the OA length of the #16 (3") and go from there.

Or, better yet, I have a "take-out" shaft from one of my carbs, I could measure the distance from the top of the wear mark where it rubbed on the upper carb body andyou can add the height of your clamp to it.

Kraig -

B-F-M??? Is that some kinda Freudian/dyslexic slip???
roflol.gif

OH, I don't think I showed how I mounted my ignition unit, aka Kirk Points Saver.

Real simple angle aluminum with a 2.5" round notch cut in one side so it sits right above the hour meter. Keeps length of wires short, and easy viewing from where the points are adjusted. I had some white rivets that I attached the bracket with, didn't think to ask for IH white rivets
happy.gif

15644.jpg

Wyatt said, "unit", "length" and "short" all in the same post!....
buttrock.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on February 06, 2004)

Art -

Not to mention "mounted" and "easy"...

Damn! I missed those..

'Course then again Steve B said "rubbed" and "body" in the same post!
;-)

<font size="-2">Ok, I'm done being a 2-year-old now....</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Bryan, kind of, "BFM" is one of the companies I'm part owner of, we own the building I work in. The "M" stands for McConaughey. As you and many other's here know, it should have been Scott "BFH" Harris. :eek:)

Steve, I don't know if it's a later model carb or not. I think to be on the safe side I'll swap it out with the carb on my spare K301 so I can pull it apart to measure. Thanks.

BTW, feel free to use your imagination as to what the "B" and "F" stand for, but I'll give you a hint they are the first letters of the last names of the other owners. :eek:)

Happy 26th Birthday to me today, my wife gave a son!

David Cyrus Mull was born @ 2:25pm today. 6LB, 9OZ; 19" long. He will go by Cyrus.

15647.jpg

Back