• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 03, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig
I had emergency gallbladder surgery Friday before the ice storm hit, and then when it hit we were without power and had to move out until Sunday night, Feb 1. Still about 16,000 in the city without power, and we have friends in the western end of the state that will be without power for about 2 more weeks due to the number of utility poles that are down. There are utility crews here from all over the country helping restore the power, and the crews that restored power to my subdivision were from the Chicago area (Mead ?). The area looks like a war zone with all the downed trees and limbs, and there is still 2"-4" or more of ice on the ground around here but it is suppose to start warming up tomorrow. Cubs are all safe, cold but safe, even though there were fallen limbs on the garage and shed, but I don't think they have any intention of going out to work in this stuff. I know I don't
lol.gif

Paul, talk about bad timing! Hope you are recovering well. Wow, 2"-4" of ice! I hate ice, I love snow, but I hate ice, way too destructive and dangerous. Gotta ask, did you take any photos?

Been looking at the pictures of the gentleman on the single stack / dual stack 100. Appears to be a model 70 to me.

Comparing the two pictures, he not only changed exhaust, he also repositioned his rear fenders.

Ok guys, update on my switch/wiring issue on my original. The choke cable somehow came in contact with the power side of my coil. There are burn marks on it, but it still works. I had to cut my cloth covered wiring harness apart. I replaced the Green wire, the black wire, and the gray wire. I think the gray wire was damaged due to the tremendous heat generated in the other two. I also had to put in a different ign switch. It seems to run very good now. I will be looming the wires back up in the near future...

Kraig
I am fine, but pictures were the last thing on my mind at the time. The 2" to 4" of ice on the ground is a mixture of snow/sleet/ice. There was some thawing Sunday, and then it all froze again. It crunches when you walk on it, and you do walk basically on top of it. The trees/wires had about 1" + - or so of ice coating them after the storm. It was pretty when the sun was shinning on them, but you could stand out side and it sounded like opening day of gun season (all day or night)as the limbs/trees broke.

Paul B,
That's the same thing we went through here in SW Missouri 2 years ago. Pretty spooky when you are just laying there in bed and there is no other sound but trees popping and snapping. The biggest trees in our neighborhood are pin oaks and they faired pretty well. My dad bought a grapple for his big tractor with loader to move trees around so he could get to the cattle and feed. It took months to get everything cleaned up around here. The strange thing, it had been so warm the week before that the streets had no ice or buildup of any kind. No reason to get a Cub out after that storm.

Paul; I am glad you are o k. And i definitely know the mess the power co. is in. I worked on power lines for 37 years. We went other places and helped when we had time to. We would usually work a 36 to42 hour shift then go on 16 hour shifts till the work was done. I don't miss climbing them poles for sure.
Luther
I have my first snow big enough for the 147 and have it ready. But went for some Dermatology surgery on my face today and have to stay out of lighted areas for two days.

Paul Bell, WOW that's scary, weather is bad enough but emergency surgery to boot! Glad to hear your feeling better. Not sure if you remember me but, back a few years we went to visit The Chestnut family in Central Indiana. It was Paul Funk and I from Boonville, IN, and there was Yourself and I think Kevin or Kenny?? We spent a few enjoyable hours looking at Daniel's (& the family) IH collection. Man, those guys put the fan in fanatic! Well, so much for reminiscing, hope your feeling better each day.
Mike

Hi guys , worked at the 129 1/2 day today . hood is now ready for paint. just a few more to go.

James MacDonald (Jmacdonald) asked a question about thickness of the pto clutch. and that got me wondering also, i have 3 cubs that i want to repair the clutches back to what they were as workers .2 Originals and the 100 , don`t sound fare to have only hydrs running good. lol
Later Don T
old.gif

does anyone know the dual stack 100 guy's name ha looks familiar, and looking at a the picture I see he has the pto engaged, that leads me to a question.

I know when storing or not in use it should be disengaged, but it does make sense to engage it while motor is running to save the bearing.
How do you think? and what is recommended?

Thanks for the answers Don and Wayne. Sorry I didn't get back on sooner to check. I was hoping that it was an update. I do have all the parts now.

james mac, the part no. for the power takeoff kit is 483 525 R91 for all narrow frames. comes with disc and spring. i see you did'nt put the new spring in your unit. was it diff? i think you have the wide frame disc. the adjusting gage is diff also. i had troble years ago when i got the wrong kit. i adjusted the nuts on the back by eye 1/16 sticking out and it worked. lets see a pic of the adjusting gage and the spring, [3 armed spring in front where the button goes] it is very importent to have the gen. pully in the right place and the bearing flush with the end of crank. i hope ive helped tom

Mike F
Yes I remember you, and the day you are talking about........then you packed up and moved to the northeast on us
lol.gif
. Jason Karrer was with me and bought a 70 from daniel that day to use as a parts tractor, and long story short, it was rebuilt to a running tractor, I ended up with it and used it in the Mile of IH plow day in Indiana, and then traded it for a running 1450 which has since been sold. The Chestnuts have a lot nice "toy's". I just happened to think, I was in the furrow directly behind Daniel at the plowday.

Mike F
Here's a couple of pictures from that day. Left to right is Daniel, Paul F, You, Jason K, and myself
114280.jpg

The model 70 in the right foreground is the tractor Jason bought, and the one I plowed with - it didn't look much better, but had a newly rebuilt 7 hp in it at the Mile of IH plowday.
114281.jpg

Paul Bell, thanks for the pictures. They brought back a lot of good memories. We saw a lot of IH tractors that day -- Cub Cadets and their big brothers. And, Mike, we missed you the last couple of weeks. We had a lot of workers but seemed like the powers that be had very little coordination. They're still people in the area without electricity.

Paul-
Neat pictures.

Funny how you can always tell when a group of grown men are having a good time standing out in the cold with their hands in their coat-pockets.

LOL!
happy.gif

Hello , Im new to this forum , and just picked up a side mount hydralic lift for my 122 . My questions are , what type of fluid was used in these ? And I held it up on my 122 and the 3 bolt holes to mount the pump to the frame are not there ( one that possibly will line up ) where the frames drilled special for this application ? The pump came of of a 125 ! Thanks for any info ! Allen

Thank you Charlie ! That is very helpful ! Hoping to get it installed this weekend ! ( have a little bit of a bent pulley problem to straighten first ) ! Thanks ! Great site !

Latest posts

Back