• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry B.
If we bought that thing. It would have to mounted upside down to work in the USA.
biggrin.gif

Charlie - now I can stop askin' if yer "gettin any". Oh BTW you've got snow headed your way. It's white on the map.

So I moved my whole family from North Carolina to Albuquerque, NM this year to get away from cold, snow, and rain. It is the DESERT after all. We had a twenty-year record rainfall this Summer and now this.
48998.jpg

A New Mexico record snowstorm. We had over a foot! To say that we were unprepared (as a community) is an understatement...

Terry B
Cathodic protection by impressed current is very common, really mandatory, on pipelines and water towers. I'm not sure how this product works.

Hmmm, maybe I should let Julie post - she used to work for Corrpro...

W Frank W,

You are correct on the teaching of different theories. Whichever one you use to analyze a circuit diagram, the analysis correctly either way as long as you stick to one or the other.

On the ground polarity thing - I am positive
bubbly.gif
that all old (pre WWII Fords) used positive ground. I can't remember when they changed, perhaps at the end of the flathead V8 era.

JimE

Corrpro.....

I've bought plenty of 17# Galvomag anodes from them.......steel pipeline protection....

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope to get my 1950 M Farmall running and looking better in 2007! I got it out and washed it yesterday.
49005.jpg

Jeff B,
You were asking about a cleaner for your cub windshield. Not sure what the windshield is made of but as a helicopter crewchief in the Army found out pledge furniture polish works great on plexiglass. Appears to fill in scratches. Have used it on other plastic/fiberglass items since with no ill affects. Works great on fiberglass boats.

eddie: thanks for the info, i might have to try that and see what happens since i prolly wont be going to advance auto for a couple of days

Jeff B,
If you've got a motorcycle shop nearby you could get a product called Plexus. It comes in a spray can. I've used it for many years on my faceshield and also on the rear window of my wife's convertable before we replaced it with glass. It fills in small scratches and makes the plastic almost as good as new.

Hi Guys,

I found out why the starter wasn't working. Took off the side panel to checks starter connections. The thing was loose with one mounting bolt sheered off. The bolt still attached seemed to be tightened all the way and yet there was a gap between the head of the bolt and the starter mounting plate. Perhaps when I put the new starter on I tightened the bolts, but the mounting plate on the starter I put in was thinner than the old one. I either sheered a bolt or the torque of the starter on the bolts sheered one of them off.

'Nother question. How do I know if RPM for WOT is set too high or not?

I jes dont get it, it snows in a freakin desert, but it wont even flurry here Grrrrrr...
censored.gif

Does cold weather affect a batteries starting capacity, cuz my cub starts and runs beautifully in the summer, but it takes a jumper to git it goin in 40 or below weather

put a piece of white tape on the flywheel and count really, really fast
clappy.gif

A vibrotach works better though. Any small engine repair shop should sell you one.

Back