• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 Koehler KT17 series II carb kit number. Also points and condensor.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Shelby

IHCC Supporter
What is the Koehler carburetor kit part number. I’m gonna go through mine. I also wanna replace points, condensor and plugs.

Last edited:
These are what I used on a customer's 1983 782 with the series II KT17 a few months ago:

s-l1600.jpg

Champion RV15YC4

$_61.JPG

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.png
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I think this would be a good time to install a fuel filter. Looks tight. What do folks do? Looks like there’s a mechanical pump. Fuel comes out if the he line isn’t plugged. Is that ok? Would it be worth while to go electric on fuel pump? The reason I’m tearing into it is that it is one cold blooded mofo. I’ve gotta run with it choked for several minutes. Runs and starts great once she’s warm. There was junk in the float bowl.
I’m soaking in fuel oil overnight to get rid of the grease. Then I’ll give her an all nighter in carb cleaner.
Is there a gasket kit? The carb kit looks sparse.
IMG_0937.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0938.jpeg
    IMG_0938.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
My customer's 782 had the Carter fully adjustable carb. The Walbro is a fixed high speed jet style, and in my opinion, pure trash. I would be seeking a much better Carter/Kohler fully adjustable unit. Those carb parts I listed are for the Carter/Kohler style carb.

Last edited:
My customer's 782 had the Carter fully adjustable carb. The Walbro is a fixed high speed jet style, and in my opinion, pure trash. I would be seeking a much better Carter/Kohler fully adjustable unit. Those carb parts I listed are for the Carter/Kohler style carb.
Think I’ll get this cold start problem resolved and consider a Command swap. Think my issue is mechanical pump is weak. It doesn’t shoot fuel out when I turn engine over. It’s more of a gurgle. You know your ****!

Thank you. I would eliminate the mechanical pump, since they have been known to fill the crankcase up with gasoline.

I forgot to include the intake manifold to carb mounting gasket for the Carter/Kohler brand carb:

s-l1600.jpg

The 1864 is a sweetheart of a GT. I can take or leave a 3000 series. The Command 20 for my 582 was from a 2206. I felt no guilt whatsoever parting that one out. Other than the engine, the rest of it was very underwhelming.

Latest posts

Back