• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
Hey guys, want to post some pics of my refurbished tractor. I read the FAQ on how to up load a pic. It says that it must be no bigger than 50K so... how do I go about doing that with windows based software?
help.gif

Jim

Jim,
I take it that you don't want to download/install a program to do it?
I would download Vue-print Pro or Infraview and use them.

If not, you can use Paint to resize pics. It's a PITA though.

Jim

Windows has a free pic sizer on the microsoft website. With this program, just highlight a file or group of files, right click, and select resize, then the actual size. This is by far the easiest utility I've seen. Find the download here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Scroll down to the image resizer power toy
HTH

Thanks Scott for the pic resize program. LOL took me awhile to figure it out. I was looking for a program. I guess you just left click on a pic, then right click, then resize. It was begining to frustrate me. Thought it was installing a program that I had to open up on the menu!
crash.gif

Jim
I did the same thing... DOH!!
there is a lot of other neat-o stuff on that site, too...

33195.jpg

Special thanks goes out to Dave Kamp

Thanks Dave!
beerchug.gif

(Message edited by jstorma on December 31, 2005)

Here is my refirbished 782 with QA42A thrower.
Pictures taken just before moving.
It's been a busy year.
33198.jpg

(Message edited by jstorma on December 31, 2005)

Chuck J.,

I've used the Autolite platinum plug in my K301 for 10 hours now, with no apparent problems. Engine starts from cold on the second compression stroke and I never detect any misfiring or other abnormalaties when under load. I'm using a PointSaver with Bosch blue coil to provide the spark energy.

I realize 10 hours is not much of a test, but I plan to continue running it and will report any strange happenings to the forum should they occur.

Hi: I have a question, i have a 1811 i know its not a I.H. product but i think they are about the same as a 782 how do i relese the hydro so i can move it with out starting it or if i have to change something, what? Oh i have an original also i've been mowing my yard for 20 years before i found out they were valuable i only use it 2-3 times a year now John

John F:

The 1811 (like the 782) have automatic valves on the hydro. Once the motor is shut off, in a sort period of time, you can push this tractor around. The older Cubs had a Release Lever located on the tunnel cover that you could pull up and this would push the tab on these type of manual valves, in order to move the tractor.

John F.

1811's have automatically releasing check valves, just push it slowly to move it with the engine off, some resistance will be felt and is normal.....don't do this any more than necessary.

On your Original, yes they have some value, but no more or less than any other good running 30+ year old Cub Cadet, no "need" to retire it as a collectable if you don't want to, just use it and care for it like you would any quality tool. Good condition plain-jane running Originals are $300 tractors (+/- depending on options), while very early low number (Serial #'s XXX and lower) fetch more for true collector value.

Run it, enjoy it, and take good care of it.....IH Cubs are made to enjoy!!!!

Brian out celebrating ??? He deserves to if he is !

John F: I suspect you can find and answer through one of the many fine sponsors of this forum that handle non-IH built Cubs, or you might want to post the question in the Charlie's MTD and CCC Parts And Service Hotline area of the forum.

Happy New Year to all - great to re-discover the forum after a few years away...

These tractors are made to help you get your yard work done faster and easier. (See quick attach
crazy.gif
) As everyone here knows we are all in it for the money.
happy.gif
wink.gif

Run your tractor and be happy with it. Take care of it and it will serve you for years to come.

Still looking for an answer to this question.

The holes where the roll pins hold the driveshaft to the coupler are beat up an elongated. Should I replace the shaft to take out the play? Is it possible to weld up the holes and redrill them to remove the play?

Thanks

Zimm

Joe,

You can weld them up and re-drill or just purchase a new one from a sponsor. It depends on what your time is worth. Me I would just pick up a new one form one of the sponsors. I have four kids to chase around and the wife
proud.gif
so my time is very scarce.

Couldn't agree more on the work value of my 129 or any IHC Cub. I use it almost every day for something around the yard (and have for 20 + years). I do find myself muttering "quick attach my a##" on most of the equipment I put on it though. One of the best things about a hydro is that I can lay on my belly, holding the back end of the blade frame up so the fingers align with the cross shaft and inching the tractor forward to get it "attached". Almost everything I put on, I end up on the ground...I admit I never have help and always end up putting the stuff on by myself, and probably the IHC engineers never counted on the stuff being put on on an unlevel dirt floor or out on the lawn. Despite this, I love my Cub and put it up there as one of the classic pieces of machinery I'll ever own. I hope to never retire it......

(Message edited by kide on December 31, 2005)

Hey Jim,

Nice looking 782 and QA42A you have there. I'd never thought about painting the thrower red but hmmmm... I like the way that looks. May do the same some day to mine. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone!

Kevin

Joe- the last driveshaft that I had with beat up holes I took into work and had the machinst make me a new one out of 4140 steel and we called it a "government job"

Jim: Sharp 782! I like the thrower painted red to match the tractor...makes the whole rig look classy
thumbsup.gif

Joe Z:

I would opt for shaft replacement myself. The options are buying one from CC, or having one made.
I plan on replacing one in my 1450 and I think I am going the custom made route on this one.
thumbsup.gif

(Message edited by rbedell on January 01, 2006)

Back