• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To All:

33201.gif

Jim:

I would agree with Bill, that is one sharp 782. I really like that paint scheme on the QA42A.
Great Job...!!!

thumbsup.gif

I had to laugh today reading the posts that say you should just "enjoy your Cub". I agree, but yesterday I enjoyed mine right into a mud hole. A couple months ago, they replaced my sewer lateral from the house to the main, about 110' long and 12 deep. I had them pile the "extra" dirt over the trench rather than take it away. As I predicted, the dirt settled and made a long sinkhole in some area. I had the cub (1250) out with the blade and chains moving some firewood, and I decided to push some of that dirt around to fill in the holes. It was working impressively well for about 5 minutes, until I sunk the right side of the tractor in the muddy trench. Put the hydro on high and tried to push with no luck. Had the wife pull me out with the ATV style golf cart. Tried it a little more, but the tires had way to much mud build-up to really apply any pushing force. Took 30 minutes to hose off the mud on the tires. Still, it was a good day "enjoying my Cub".

(Message edited by pkordik on January 01, 2006)

Paul "K",
Loose dirt and water will get you everytime.
Trust me, in this neck-o-the woods, you don't play in the dirt at this tme of the year.

Hoping everyone has a safe and Happy "Cubbun'" New Year!

I have a hydro leak someplace in the 147. I will most likely pull the rear end to reseal everything. I think my hydro return pipe needs to be replaced as well. What would you guys recommend replacing when resealing a hydro and rear end. This is what I have come up with so far. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am not sure what maintenance needs to be done here.

I need to replace #34. I am assuming the leak is on Item #26.
33210.gif

Again, I am looking for any other "You might as well replace that as long as you are in there" 's

Thanks,

Terry B. -

Wow, I can read that post from across the room
lol.gif

I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have hi-res!

You'll find that #34 nowadays is a right angle pipe - nice 'n' direct, no loop that can stress and break.

Rather than assume that it's the cork gasket, why not search for Richard C's fine writeup on diagnosing hydro leaks? Might just save you some work.

I will definitely look for leaks as Richard suggested. However I was looking for the recommended "might as wells". Like when you pull a car transmission you should replace the seals. Also, is it possible to replace #34 without pulling the fenders or the drive-train?

Terry B:

Here is an additional suggestion for finding your leak: http://cubfaq.com/questions.html Check Item #14.

I assume you are referencing item #34 of the lower picture, since there are two #34's.

I guess this would depend on how nimble you are.
err.gif
. I like to get things out in the open and as easy for accessibilty. So I would do whatever it would take to accomplish that. You could try just raising the Front of the Cub up as high as you can and try from underneath first.
thumbsup.gif

33218.jpg
I took these a couple years ago at a local tractor show, nice lookin' 1066, didn't get to talk to the owner so I don't know any details. Someone did say they started with a 122.

Terry
I was trying to be a 'good boy' and look for that diagram in the vault last night for hours to no avail. Ya know, before upsetting the cub gods by asking someone to post. I log on tonight, and Bam!! there it is...
bouncy.gif
happy happy cub cub, happy happy cub cub

Happy new year to all!! I have 2 149's. One has the late series deck hanger and the quick stop PTO. The other is the older series. Can I swap the deck hanger (mule drive) to the earlier series 149 so that I can use a 44" mower deck?Thanks.

David, yes you can. I have put a 50" deck on my 129 by doing just that.

Darrell, any chance you have high resolution versions of the photos of the "1066" Cub Cadet? If so could I get you to send them to me via email? TIA

Jim S., nice job on the 782 and QA42A. The QA42A looks good in red.

Kraig, those are scanned 4x6's. I can snailmail those to ya! :eek:)
33230.jpg

Darrell, no need to snailmail, just wanted a better look at them. Thanks.

Well, I crawled under the hydro this morning to look for the leak. This is where the hydro is wet. The filter is dry so that's not it. It looks like its coming from the left side but I can't tell. I don't think its the seal between the hydro and the transmission the dirt looks dry. Does anyone have a front picture of the drive-train. I have never taken one out of a cub before. I am curious what it looks like so I can narrow down the leak. I checked the siphon tube (Item #34 from the pictures before) and the tube is not the culprit.

Thanks,
33234.gif

Terry, my bet would be the gasket #26 on your earlier post, the fan tends to blow the hytran around so it can be hard to find where it's coming from. Gasket 24 can also leak when hytran is being whrilled around in the rear end. When you have the hydro out check out the trunion slot as covered in FAQ 14. If it hasn't been repaired before it's worth your time fixing it up.

I thought I would take someones advice, not sure who
dunno.gif
, and decided to read the manual. The drip is coming from behind the number 2 in the first picture. Is it very common for the front hydro plate to leak (item #27 of the 3rd picture)?

33241.jpg

33242.jpg

Terry B.
Crawling under the hydro just won't get it.
If you haven't removed the fender deck and cleaned it up, you just ain't serious yet.
Leaking hydro fluid is hard to spot, it can seep and drip off a spot away from the problem and you won't see it.
Some leaks you won't find unless you use the paper method I posted.
If you follow the method I posted you should find your leak, but it will take some work.
I have pictures of the hydro from about every angle possible but in the end you will have to do the hard work.

33245.jpg

33246.jpg

In the end you are probably going to have to tear down the hydro and if you do then replace all the gaskets and seals.
But you are right in finding the leak first.

Back